Channel "Kicks Out" After 5 Seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff302

N3GJB
Premium Subscriber
I have had a plethora of scanners since the 70's.

I currently own a BCD536HP which I like but I am having an issue with channels kicking out after five seconds. They are a combination of conventional frequencies and digital TG's.

I have read the posts foreward and backward and I cannot find any that explain what I am doing wrong (most likely something simple). I am listening to a favorites list with Fire Dispatcher channels only in the metro Philadelphia area. I receive a signal on one county dispatcher and it transmits the dispatch call for five seconds and then starts scanning again. As I only have about 13 frequencies and TG's it'll scan back pretty fast, but its annoying.
What am I doing wrong? It's gotta be a simple fix......

RF23

Premium Subscriber
Check your delays in Sentinel. Some of them can be set to cause the scanner to start to scan after a certain number of seconds regardless if a signal is being received or not.

Lets hope it is something simple like this.

Jeff302

N3GJB
Premium Subscriber
Channel Kicks Out

All delays are at the default of 2 seconds. I had set them to 10 seconds but nothing changed.

Try this

. I receive a signal on one county dispatcher and it transmits the dispatch call for five seconds and then starts scanning again.

What am I doing wrong? It's gotta be a simple fix......

See if one of your delay times have a minus value. i.e. -5

Read here:

http://new.marksscanners.com/536/436_536.shtml#channel_delay

"Set Delay Time This sets (in seconds) the amount of time the scanner stays on a channel after the transmission has ended before moving to the next channel. A negative delay will force a resume after that number of seconds. The default setting is 2 seconds."

-10 -5, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, or 30 sec.

Last edited:

Jeff302

N3GJB
Premium Subscriber
Channel Kicks Out

All delays are set to the default value of 2 seconds and all channels (P-Ch) are set to "OFF".

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
From the manual:

Scanning Interrupted
1. Turn off Priority Scan.

2. Change priority interval.
3. Turn off Close Call Priority.
4. Turn off Weather Priority.
5. Set Channel Delay longer.
6. Set positive Channel Delay.

Close Call is probably the easiest to inadvertently activate - all it takes is a bump on the squelch knob.

You were typing at the same time I was. I saw the FL wasn't attached. Also items 1,2,3,4 are things you'd have to check in the Profile editor.

Jeff302

N3GJB
Premium Subscriber
Channel Kicks Out

Having difficulty attaching the HPE file.....

Attachments

• Fire Dispatchers.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 7

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Are you sure it is rescanning or is it just dropping audio every 5 seconds. If dropping audio, you have WX Alert Priority enabled. Can't see that setting in HPE file, as it is a profile setting.

Jeff302

N3GJB
Premium Subscriber
Channel Kicks Out

And that's why you are the Uniden God!

That was it. It was something simple that I didn't realize. All is good now.

Thank you, Sir!

Regards,

Jeff

Ubbe

.... I receive a signal on one county dispatcher and it transmits the dispatch call for five seconds and then starts scanning again. As I only have about 13 frequencies and TG's it'll scan back pretty fast, but its annoying....

It was a bit of misinformation there that lead almost everyone off the track ;-)

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.