DMR Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
I can find the dmr marc database online, how do I plug it into a favorites list? We're going on radio id's right? That would bring the user info to screen on my 536 and look similiar to my md380? I don't see radio id column in sentenal programming a dmr system? And while we are on the subject why not add the database to the ham radio user database here at rrdb? Forgive if this question was addressed I searched but did not find it.

Ubbe

You have to program the ham DMR systems as one freqyency DMR and there you add all the ham sites frequencies and also all IDs. I only make note of a new ID and then add it in Sentinel. It usually are only a few selected individuals who are frequently on air. Maybe ARC or Proscan have some easy way of adding just the ID information to a system from an excel or cvs list.

/Ubbe

N9PBD

Premium Subscriber
The whole DMR-MARC user base is now just short of 60,000 (it was well over 70k, but apparently the database admins have trimmed some data out). The BCDx36HP scanners can only support around 10k user IDs, as I've tried to jam the whole thing in before. You should trim it down based on your local area, state, or whatever, otherwise you'll still run out of room.

Greg

Ubbe

The moderators decided that only one DMR radio per amateur would make it into the list. If one amateur had both a mobile and a portable the DMR id for the portable where erased.

There's a worldwide DMR call in check each saturday and if you save those 100 ID's you'll probably cover 99% of the ID's that you will encounter in the international DMR talkgroups.

Then you save your local ID's that comes active in the talkgroups. No need to work with that 60,000 list.
I have 300 ID's locally in the list but only 10 of them are ever active. The same goes for analog call signs, there are maybe 500 of them but only 20 are active and the 20 repeaters in my area only have sporadic use, it's rare that two are active at the same time. 10 analog repeaters have been converted to DMR but have so little use that they have been configured to transmit active local conversations from other parts of the country just to make use of the repeaters.

/Ubbe

WoodburyMan

The whole DMR-MARC user base is now just short of 60,000 (it was well over 70k, but apparently the database admins have trimmed some data out). The BCDx36HP scanners can only support around 10k user IDs, as I've tried to jam the whole thing in before. You should trim it down based on your local area, state, or whatever, otherwise you'll still run out of room.

Greg

It's over 103,000 now ;)

DMR-MARC admins handed over control of the database to Ham-Digital (Euro based) to not deal with GDPR issues. Ham-Digital removed Last Name, City, State/Province, and other info from it to supposedly comply with GDPR. Original DMR-MARC admin took back the database, and removed all 2xxxxx ID numbers (European ID's) and hosts it on RadioID now, leaving HamDigital to handle Euro users. This is like 40,000 or so ID's.

I have a PowerShell script I wrote that takes the two, uses RadioID data primarily since it has more data and just uses missing ID's from HamDigital. It formats it into CSV files that are for import into Anytone and TYT-MDUV380 radios, but you can use either as a source for callsign info for the SDS100.

SDS100 will only allow 1mb of data per list. For me, I just copy my state's ID's into the database, and a few other ID's that are from other sites that use the local repeaters near me.

https://www.kc1iuc.com/downloads/

PowerShell script is there, along with some recent merged CSVs

Status
Not open for further replies.