RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners, Receivers and Related Equipment Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Tech Support

Uniden Tech Support - For discussion of all technical aspects of current or future Uniden scanners.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-07-2018, 7:36 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

My firmware folder is right before hpdb. I don't see it in your pic. Do you have windows folder options set to show hidden files, folders and drives? What happens if you search "firmware" in the root of your G drive? Maybe its in a wrong folder?
Sponsored links
Old 09-07-2018, 7:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubbe View Post
Are there any advantages to enter a con or cap+ system with few channels as a mototrbo system?

Do a One Frequency Trunked system and enter the frequencies there and you don't have to fiddle with LCNs or other issues, just simple datadecoding of the TGs on active voice channels. If it doesn't work at an almost 100% success rate, when locked on to that system, then there must be some major issues with the firmware, if there are a sufficient signal quality from all channels.

/Ubbe
Nothing coming through on the OFT mode, the Con+ system I'm monitoring has 15 LCN's on the site i'm trying to listen on, the system gets really busy at times too which makes it frustrating to monitor on this 436.
Old 09-07-2018, 8:46 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave3825 View Post
My firmware folder is right before hpdb. I don't see it in your pic. Do you have windows folder options set to show hidden files, folders and drives? What happens if you search "firmware" in the root of your G drive? Maybe its in a wrong folder?

It's in the BCDx36HP folder. It's not a hidden folder so no need to bother with that. You may need to connect to Sentinel and check for new firmware. It should find it missing and rewirte it. Then you should be able to insert the new firmware.
Attached Images

Old 09-12-2018, 6:58 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

While I was visiting a area I use to live at and brought my 436hp and sds100 with. One area I use to know someone that lived in a neighborhood where the 436hp and other radios wouldn't pick up the 800 p25 systems. I did a test with the new FW for the 436hp and RS 800 Mhz antenna. I did two test 1 436hp picked up the signal 0-3 bars depending where the radio goes. 2 used the sds100 it held 4-5 solid bars. Looks like the new FW is getting on p25 signal.
Old Yesterday, 7:59 PM

I have noticed that the UID is being missed a lot with this FW.
If I was to guess, I'd say it's only getting them about 20% of the time.
Even with a System hold, it will not get most of the UIDs.
And I'm getting full strength (bars) on Motorola Trunk Analog.
Sponsored links

Tags