BCD436HP/BCD536HP: ProVoice and DMR Sound Terrible BCD436HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

walt991

I just purchased a used BCD436HP with DMR and ProVoice upgrade. The analog signals all sound good, but ProVoice and DMR modes sound really bad and it’s hard to understand what people are saying. I have ver 1.24.00 firmware. Any ideas what could be wrong or know how I can fix this? Any adjustments?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

shadcall

It would be helpful to know exactly what you are attempting to monitor. This way we can give you suggestions to address your specific problem. I have a 436 and monitor both local DMR and Provoice channels. Both come in loud and clear. I am using an indoor antenna that extends a couple of feet when full expanded.

tampatracker

It would be helpful to know exactly what you are attempting to monitor. This way we can give you suggestions to address your specific problem. I have a 436 and monitor both local DMR and Provoice channels. Both come in loud and clear. I am using an indoor antenna that extends a couple of feet when full expanded.

Ditto this. Everything works L & C. Your systems would help us.

walt991

The ProVoice system is Flagler County. The DMR system was an amateur repeater on 440.

bgav

Premium Subscriber
The ProVoice system is Flagler County. The DMR system was an amateur repeater on 440.

What's your proximity to the two? Could be marginal reception at which point digital decoding breaks down..

CorwinScansNM

I just purchased a used BCD436HP with DMR and ProVoice upgrade. I have ver 1.24.00 firmware.

Version 1.24.00 firmware??

That I know of & can see, there is no such firmware version 1.24.00 released yet for the BCD#36HP line of scanners. The latest most up to date firmware version would be, 1.23.00 for the BCD#36HP line of Uniden Scanners

BCD436HPFirmwareUpdate < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Version 1.24.00 firmware??

That I know of & can see, there is no such firmware version 1.24.00 released yet for the BCD#36HP line of scanners. The latest most up to date firmware version would be, 1.23.00 for the BCD#36HP line of Uniden Scanners

BCD436HPFirmwareUpdate < UnidenMan4 < TWiki
Version 1.23 is the latest "public release" version, that can be applied via Sentinel. As walt noted, V1.24 has been released as an open beta, and must be applied manually.

CorwinScansNM

Hmmm, firmware update version 1.24.00 must currently be out only for Beta Testing but not posted under their firmware version release notes for that reason? I was not aware of any Beta or other future firmware update versions for the BCD#36HP line of Uniden Scanners. I certainly didn't expect that at all from Uniden either due to their newest released SDS100 that they are now mainly focusing on & putting thier firmware update efforts into. It's quite good to know that they are still caring for, fixing & addressing bugs & problems still with their last old line of scanners.

CorwinScansNM

Version 1.23 is the latest "public release" version, that can be applied via Sentinel. As walt noted, V1.24 has been released as an open beta, and must be applied manually.

OK, now I understand the Version 1.24.00. Gotcha

Status
Not open for further replies.