Status
Not open for further replies.

altuser

I recently got a uniden 436 and I setup some favorites lists as follows

OKC police
Sheriff
Misc
Suburbs (warr acres, bethany)

when i try to scan suburbs it says nothing to scan. I have added a provoice key and a DMR key. The departments scan in if i add them to the OKC police favorites list. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Can someone help me out?

mule1075

Feed Provider
Make sure you have the suburbs favorites list set to monitor in sentinel. If you want to check without using sentinel go into the menu and go to select systems to monitor and set it to on.

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
Make sure you assigned them to a fl qk, and system qk, dept qk are all turned on.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Make sure you included at least one SITE in that FL (scanners scan sites looking for active talk groups you've programmed into departments...if you only have departments in the FL, there will be nothing to scan).

altuser

I do know for sure that quick key is programmed. but i am not sure about "system qk and dept qk" where are those located?

altuser

No matter what i do i can not enable quickkey for that list. i have tried to create a new list and same thing. other lists are working fine.

here is a picture i dont know if anyone can see anything. i have even tried to create a "Test List" to see if i can get it to work but it doesnt allow me to enable a quick keyy for it either.

https://imgur.com/a/M24KN9x

Last edited:

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
No matter what i do i can not enable quickkey for that list. i have tried to create a new list and same thing. other lists are working fine.
You may need to post your Favorites list(s) so someone can se if anything looks out of place. Also make sure all the Quick Keys are enabled. For Favorites lists , that is set on the Quick Key tab in the Profile Editor. For a specific Favorites list, that is set on the top level of the list. Open the Favorites List Editor, using one of your lists. When you go into the Editor, with the name of the list highlighted, you'll see the name of all Systems in the right-hand window. Systems Quick Key status can be viewed or changed by clicking on the tab with that name at the top of the window showing the systems.

Attaching an *.hpe file to a post

Use Sentinel to "read from scanner" if you have made changes on the scanner that were not also made in Sentinel.
Then, export the resulting Favorites list(s) into an *.hpe file. Then, attach that to a post and upload so that we can take a peek & see if anything is out of place. The Export is listed under the File drop-down menu.

Note: To upload an *.hpe file, to the Forums, you must change the file extension to one acceptable per forum requirements. To do that, note where your exported *.hpe file is saved on your PC.
Using Windows Explorer, find the file.
There are two ways to do this. You can either change the file extension itself, or compress the file using 7-Zip or other file utility. The *.zip file extension can be attached to a post and uploaded to the Forums.

Or, using Windows Explorer, rename your file one of these two ways:
For illustration, let's call your exported file 'MyFile.hpe' (without the quotes).
<Right><Click> on the file & choose Rename from the pop-up menu.
You can then rename your file to MyFile.txt, or MyFile.hpe.txt in order to attach it to a post. Whoever views the file will need to reset the file name back to MyFile.hpe, then it can be imported into Sentinel for viewing.

altuser

Thank you everyone for the help. what i did was added a new list. made sure the settings were correct that everyone talked about in the above posts. then deleted the old list and renamed the new list to the old name. Everything seems to be working now. Thank you everyone for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.