SDS100/SDS200: Very strange anomaly with my sds100!

Status
Not open for further replies.

seth21w

Ok as some of you know i have customized my display, i am getting strange reception cut outs on dmr and p25 simulcast and some just overall scanning difficultys so the other day i reset the user settings, my screen color went back to default. But the scanner much improved and was clear again like the day i bought it. So im trying to narrow down what all differences could effect performance. From default user settings ive turned charge back on, keypad light back on, replay 240 back on, brightness from 40 to 20. But after these changes so far it still working good but as soon as i load my fancy colorful display back in performance will decrease. Im baffled!

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
That is quite odd. Thank you for posting, I will submit this to our management team to let them look into the issue, and see if they have any solutions.

ecarvalho

Interesting...
I’ll try doing that. I gave up on my SDS100 and is collecting dust lately. Perhaps resetting user data will help me enjoy that radio again. Thanks for this post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jasonhouk

Ok as some of you know i have customized my display, i am getting strange reception cut outs on dmr and p25 simulcast and some just overall scanning difficultys so the other day i reset the user settings, my screen color went back to default. But the scanner much improved and was clear again like the day i bought it. So im trying to narrow down what all differences could effect performance. From default user settings ive turned charge back on, keypad light back on, replay 240 back on, brightness from 40 to 20. But after these changes so far it still working good but as soon as i load my fancy colorful display back in performance will decrease. Im baffled!

Could you export your display settings in Sentinel after reading from the scanner?

To do this go to:

FILE/EXPORT DISPLAY CUSTOMIZING SETTING

Zip the file and post here to see if we can reproduce.

Houk

Viper43

Sounds like the file was corrupted and when you reloaded FW it fixed the corrupted data. This is normal and if you lose reception over time or after an update reinstall FW and see if that helps.

seth21w

The file only contains what should be display design related it should not have anything to do with recieve performance. But it does and that is what we are trying to uncover.

ecarvalho

I seem to have better reception after removing all user customization too

seth21w

I seem to have better reception after removing all user customization too

This is very interesting, i look forward to seeing what uniden finds. Just a theory of mine is that the display format used when tuning the scanner was first done is what works best. And any colors or display additions done could be using more memory for display and decreases the memory used for digital reception.

RFI-EMI-GUY

You might try an outside antenna to see if the reception improves with your customization. The display could be causing noise that the antenna picks up.

By the way, that wild color scheme reminds me of color VGA under DOS!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.