RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Thread Archives

Uniden Thread Archives A depository of archived threads from the original Uniden forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-23-2009, 9:36 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Guess I'm gonna find out today when I head to Red Deer for the weekend how this version behaves on oddball trunk systems such as those, requiring a weird band plan. Haven't had much chance to listen to anything else since I applied the update, but the very short time I listened, my local 3600 analog/P25 system was working fine.
Sponsored links
Old 05-24-2009, 1:14 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

After several attempts from both , my desktop and my laptop, I am unsuccessful in updating my XT for 4 days now. I am using VISTA Home Premium with both computers and the results are the same. It seems that communication isn't agreeing with the scanner and the computer. After multiple attempts this morning, I am convince that my problem is an O/S issue. For my computers recognized the scanner when I use the USB connection. But when using VUP version 2.0.0.7, I am useless to the Vista O/S. So my question now is, what are my options to updating my scanner. Belows is a list of all things I did to troubleshoot potential reasons behind the communication error between the scanner and the computers.

1. Uninstalled and reinstalled the VUP software.
2. Uninstalled and reinstalled the USB-1 software.
3. Changed com ports several times.
4. Used other scanners to see if the cable was communicating with the computer.
5. Changed the serial port speed on both, scanner and VUP.

If I missed something, please let me know. Because at this time, I'm all ears on suggestions, for everything I've done is not working.

Thanks in advance.

"Scanning is a true sport".
Old 05-24-2009, 1:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suttles1972 View Post
After several attempts from both , my desktop and my laptop, I am unsuccessful in updating my XT for 4 days now. I am using VISTA Home Premium with both computers and the results are the same. It seems that communication isn't agreeing with the scanner and the computer. After multiple attempts this morning, I am convince that my problem is an O/S issue. For my computers recognized the scanner when I use the USB connection. But when using VUP version 2.0.0.7, I am useless to the Vista O/S. So my question now is, what are my options to updating my scanner. Belows is a list of all things I did to troubleshoot potential reasons behind the communication error between the scanner and the computers.

If I missed something, please let me know. Because at this time, I'm all ears on suggestions, for everything I've done is not working.

Thanks in advance.
Are you getting an ERROR message or what exactly are you doing step by step.
Old 05-24-2009, 6:19 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I am receiving a comm error.

Old 05-24-2009, 11:26 PM

Smile update

hey just did the update for my 396xl works good in canada i still wish for radio ids upman pls make it happend bro i no u can
Sponsored links
Old 05-25-2009, 7:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suttles1972 View Post

Thanks in advance.
Hey Suttles. Sorry to hear you are having problems getthing the update to run. My thoughts, although you may have tried them. Do you have a COM port on your machine or are you only able to use the USB connection for this machine? I am running Win7 but used the COM connection to update without issue. If you have a COM port available, it may be easier to troubleshoot. Are you using FreeScan to program/control the scanner? If so, are you successfully able to control the scanner? If so, what port & speed is FreeScan setup for, assuming COM connection. Is the updater the only thing running while you attempt to update? Possibly there is a conflict due to two applications (FreeScan, any other scanner software) trying to talk to the device simultaneously?!?

I don't use the USB cable so this is a shot in the dark. Have you tried multiple USB slots on your machine? Front/Back depending on machine? Possibly some are USB2.0? When you connected the scanner, are you logged on as an Administrator? Were you prompted by UAC?

Hope you get this working

-Jim
Old 05-25-2009, 3:00 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Jim, thanks for your response. I am using all USB connection with both devices. However, the laptop may have a com connection. FreeScan works on both computers. But firmware updates aren't communicating with the same setup as the connections for Freescan. This brings me to my initial thought that I'm experiencing an O/S conflict with the VUP. If I could trouble someone with a 2.0.0.3 version, I believe this may be my solution. But until then, I may try the laptop com connection and see if the solution lies there.
Thanks

Old 05-25-2009, 3:21 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

You might want to remove any USB hubs or extension cables because they can mess up BC_VUP. I had the exact same problem with everything working with an adaptor except the update program. Ended up using an older computer with a hardware serial port.
Old 05-25-2009, 3:38 PM

I had the same problem and then remembered, I forgot to take out the batteries and plug in the power cord holding down the L/O and 6 button. After I did that I used comm 4 and it worked. Hope this helps.
Sponsored links
Old 05-26-2009, 6:09 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob View Post
I had the same problem and then remembered, I forgot to take out the batteries and plug in the power cord holding down the L/O and 6 button. After I did that I used comm 4 and it worked. Hope this helps.
This worked. Removing the batteries was the key to my whole issue. I thank everyone for lending a helping hand.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:57 PM

Smile

Awesome
Old 08-24-2009, 11:54 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

You guy's are way ahead of me. I can't even register my 346T at the Uniden site. Keep getting a serial number error when I know it's correct. I gave up.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:26 PM
Uniden Representative
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Did you pick the correct scanner model (BC346XT)?

You don't need to register to get the update.
Old 08-22-2010, 6:45 PM

Default Blank display on my 346xt

Sorry, see new thread.

Wayne

Last edited by Boatboy; 08-22-2010 at 6:50 PM.. Reason: SHOULD HAVE BEEN NEW THREAD