BC296D Programming Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
I been all around the internet, google, etc looking for a scanner cable that would be compatible for a BC-296D scanner.

Im helping one of my buddies in a HAM club im getting into, he has the unit and software but no cable so if anyone has any leads or connections on where i can find one because google cannot, that would be great, if you have an extra or one to sell? price it up but i know this is not the classified section so if you have one in hand, PM please so i can relay him the message and he can contact you about it then it can all go there.

So im looking for 1 BC296D scanner programming cable and its no where to be found but ill continue my search and update this with a post FOUND and a moderator can close it or let the thread go dead. Thanks

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
so that cable would fit one and work straight out like new?

ok well ill let my buddy know that, just hope its the right one and it would work for him, dont want him stuck out of 30 bucks for a non working cable unless they do refunds.

khoelldobler

Premium Subscriber
now residing in Ocala, Florida since 1999
I believe that the 296D and the 250D scanners take the same cable... When I got my scanner a while back, I purchased BuTel programming software, and the BuTel site offered the programming cables for sale. They sell them either by themselves or with the scanner programming software disc as a package... the cable was a RS232 style port cable. NOW keep in mind that many newer computers dont have the RS232 port... most people have computers that have only USB ports, therefore, when I bought my new computer, I didnt order it with any old school RS232 ports, so I ended up having to purchase an attatchment programming cable that connected to my original BuTel programming cable, which allowed me to convert the data to a USB port for my new computer. Depending on your situation, it may be necessary to purchase both cables in order to complete the proper connection. That was a few years ago, and now BuTel's website may even offer a scanner programming cable that goes direct from the scanner to a computer USB port without the need for converters or adapters... please check out the BuTel scanner programming software site on the internet... I think its butel.com

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
no its just a domain for sale but i emailed my friend the stuff of what i found from others, just hope those are the ones he is looking for.

davidmc36

Premium Subscriber
... please check out the BuTel scanner programming software site on the internet... I think its butel.com
Software for Uniden Radioshack GRE GRECOM AOR police scanner software PRO-97 PRO-96 PRO-2096 PRO-106 PRO-197 PRO-164 PRO-160 PRO-162 psr500 psr600 psr300 psr400 psr100 psr200 BCD996T BCT15 BC246T UBC800XLT UBC785XLT PRO-433 PRO-528 BCD396T PRO-2051 P

Butel gives this link for the cable but I did not see it there. I don't think there are any retail locations for it any more.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Ok, well thanks all for the help, just got the help i needed via PM, HAM operators unite!! whenever i get my ticket i can say that again...

Thanks for all the help and sources fella's

rwmitchell

Feed Provider
Programming Cable for BC296D

I finally found a company that sells the cable for the Uniden BC296D..

The company is RFguys.com and the cable is listed SKU 33858 for $29.80.... I placed the order for it tonight . I just hope it gets here soon.
Hope this helps out. I know I'm not the only one looking for this cable.

73, Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.