RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Thread Archives

Uniden Thread Archives A depository of archived threads from the original Uniden forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2009, 8:43 AM

Default Taxi Frequencies

I just acquired the BCD996XT scanner by Bearcat/Uniden. Have been listening for a couple of days now and all the taxi frequencies are un-readable. I presume this is a CTSS or PL problem. Is there a standard PL that will unlock the frequency so I can hear what is being said? If not, is there any easy way to try all the PL's easily to land on one that will work?
Sponsored links
Old 10-04-2009, 9:05 AM
Not Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBourgond View Post
I just acquired the BCD996XT scanner by Bearcat/Uniden. Have been listening for a couple of days now and all the taxi frequencies are un-readable. I presume this is a CTSS or PL problem. Is there a standard PL that will unlock the frequency so I can hear what is being said? If not, is there any easy way to try all the PL's easily to land on one that will work?

Try not using any PL/CTCSS settings and you should be able to hear everything.
Old 10-04-2009, 3:25 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBourgond View Post
Hey neighbor! Didn't know there was anyone else here from B/N. Taxi services on the allocated vhf pairs don't normally use pl's so try it in csq. IF you're trying to find them in bloomington then here is circle city/red top taxi on 464.0500mhz./pl 107.2 using icom radios on rptr. BTW they use single inversion scrambling full time.
N9ZAS

Last edited by gewecke; 10-04-2009 at 3:33 PM.. Reason: forgot additional.
Old 10-04-2009, 3:29 PM

Most of the cab frequencies i hear locally are using CADs therefore there is no audio they bid for the jobs on their incar computers joe wb4igu@aol.com