Taxi Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBourgond

I just acquired the BCD996XT scanner by Bearcat/Uniden. Have been listening for a couple of days now and all the taxi frequencies are un-readable. I presume this is a CTSS or PL problem. Is there a standard PL that will unlock the frequency so I can hear what is being said? If not, is there any easy way to try all the PL's easily to land on one that will work?

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I just acquired the BCD996XT scanner by Bearcat/Uniden. Have been listening for a couple of days now and all the taxi frequencies are un-readable. I presume this is a CTSS or PL problem. Is there a standard PL that will unlock the frequency so I can hear what is being said? If not, is there any easy way to try all the PL's easily to land on one that will work?

Try not using any PL/CTCSS settings and you should be able to hear everything.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned

Hey neighbor! Didn't know there was anyone else here from B/N. Taxi services on the allocated vhf pairs don't normally use pl's so try it in csq. IF you're trying to find them in bloomington then here is circle city/red top taxi on 464.0500mhz./pl 107.2 using icom radios on rptr. BTW they use single inversion scrambling full time.
N9ZAS

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.