BCD996XT Paper Manual?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tramagod

I've ordered a BCD996XT and it should be arriving by Tuesday. I'm one that likes to study a new radio before I actually get my hands on one. Is there any online source where I can print a manual from? The only manual I've been able to find so far is the web based manual on the Uniden Web site. Thanks for any help on theis issue.

nmbobcat

Sorry, no printed manual is available (no need to bring this up in the forums as there has been copious discussions already). Uniden is working on a Complete Reference for the BCD996XT.

You can get quite a bit of information from BCD996XT < UnidenMan4 < TWiki.

The BCD996XT is very close in operation to the BCD396XT, and its complete reference can be found at http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/UnidenMan4/BCD396XT/BCD396XT_Complete_Reference.pdf.

The Complete Reference can be printed if you need to carry a paper copy.

Dave

Last edited:

Tramagod

Yeah, I found that one, but I'm looking for something I can print out. I found one for the 396XT, I wonder how close the two are?

nmbobcat

They are pretty close. The BCD996XT has a couple more buttons and an additional knob the BCD396XT doesn't, but the functionality of the radios are the same. There are key references on the Uniden wiki for the BCD996XT that will help if you use the BCD396XT Complete Reference.

I have both a 396XT and a 996XT and find the use to be pretty close to the same.

Dave

KE4RWS

Still no downloadable manual for the 996XT

Although this is an old thread, I just realized there are still no locations to download the operating manual for the 996XT. The 996T is out there but not the XT version, which really confuses me why Uniden wouldn't at least provide a download for this basic, fundamental item. Although they do provide online reference, that does you no good if you can't get online when you need to refer to it.

I just ordered a 996XT and, like the first guy, I like to have look through the manual before it gets here. I also prefer to keep a copy on my computer for better referencing (helps keep the original paper manual you get with the scanner intact).

I guess it's just me but I'm surprised as hell Uniden doesn't provide a downloadable operating manual for their highest priced flagship scanner . . . :confused:

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
There is no manual because uniden doesn't have enough people working thier projects to finish them completely. Even the online reference for this scanner is not very good, its laid out poorly and slow to load. Uniden has moved on to the HP-1. We'll be lucky to see any support for this scanner anymore from uniden.

captclint

Mentor
Yeah, I saw this site. It's a good reference but we're still back to the whole being online thing
Did you also notice that you can order a hard copy of this online manual? Not free, but the only way to carry it around without a laptop and internet connection. There's a link for it at the top.

KE4RWS

Did you also notice that you can order a hard copy of this online manual? Not free, but the only way to carry it around without a laptop and internet connection. There's a link for it at the top.

Yes, I saw where one can buy a copy of the manual. Again, I'm only referring to an online PDF format copy that can be downloaded and kept on one's computer(s). All manufacturers provide downloadable operating manuals to promote proper use of their products. Apparently Uniden doesn't do this for their most expensive scanner to date (that and the HP-1).

I'm assuming my new 996XT will come with a manual on CD. I guess I can just save a copy from that and duplicate as necessary. But if you bought a used 996 that didn't come with the CD you'd be SOL if you just wanted a copy to print or keep (without having to BUY one).

Status
Not open for further replies.