RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Thread Archives

Uniden Thread Archives A depository of archived threads from the original Uniden forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-29-2005, 4:35 PM
Completely Banned for the Greater Good
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

"Is it possible to select a talkgroups on a trunked system as the Rx to decode tones?"

No.
Sponsored links
Old 11-29-2005, 7:34 PM
Master of my domain
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacrat551
Sorry if this as been previously asked. I did a search and didn't find anything on it. Is it possible to select a talkgroups on a trunked system as the Rx to decode tones? I know there hasn't been anyone able to do it yet, but if it could, this would open up a whole new world for trunked radio users. I'm looking at getting a 396t in the near future and I manage a trunked radio system in which I have tones that simulcast on our VHF page out frequency as well as our primary talkgroup on the trunked system
On the 396 you can not use the Alert function on a trunked talkgroup.. While some trunked systems use QuickCall type alerting, the 396 is not set up to do so.
Old 11-29-2005, 7:36 PM

Does the 330t have Alert function?
Old 11-29-2005, 8:11 PM

Yes, it has the same fire tone-out function as the 396.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:39 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

My local police dept will transmit a tone sometimes before dispatching an urgent call. The tone is usually only single tone (it's more of a short beep really). Is there anyway to use the fire tone out feature so that I can just monitor emergency calls which are preceded by this single tone? If so, how? Thanks
Sponsored links
Old 12-07-2005, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjvan
My local police dept will transmit a tone sometimes before dispatching an urgent call. The tone is usually only single tone (it's more of a short beep really). Is there anyway to use the fire tone out feature so that I can just monitor emergency calls which are preceded by this single tone? If so, how? Thanks
Yes, as long as you know the frequency of the tone. Just program that into Tone A and 0 Hz into Tone B and it should activate on that tone.

Joe M.
Old 12-08-2005, 5:49 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager
Yes, as long as you know the frequency of the tone. Just program that into Tone A and 0 Hz into Tone B and it should activate on that tone.

Joe M.
thanks Joe, I'll give it a try.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:46 PM

Quote:
thanks Joe, I'll give it a try.
Please let us know either way, but it should work. In the manual, that is called a 'short single tone'.

Joe M.
Old 12-10-2005, 12:52 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Seems i'm out of luck Joe. The manual says how to program for a one-tone page that is shorter than 3.75 sec duration. Problem is...seems it requires the tone to sound for approx. 2 seconds minimum before squelch will break (i figured this out by testing it myself by transmitting test signals on a frs radio). The police agency i was trying this on only transmits a brief tone - about 1 second duration max - during their priority traffic. I'm going to double check this with Paul, but this seems to be why it's not working for me.
Sponsored links
Old 12-10-2005, 11:13 AM

Default Plectron Tones

Hear is what I have for tones, confirmed from a human source also, not just the web link and Audicity.

Tone 1st/2nd Plektron#

Fire All Call 732.0/1130.0 20
http://www.websterrescue.com/tones1.wav

Heavy Rescue Squad 1232.0 55
http://www.websterrescue.com/tones2.wav

The Radioman says that he can't confirm what "tone plan" these plectron radios use. They all have Motorola Pagers (I don't know if this makes any difference or not)

http://www.wpascanner.com/tones.htm

I have programmed other tones from different departments on different F-s. and the scanner tone out feature works fine, with real tones outs and recorded tone outs replayed over the FRS radio. W

All of the ones that work with the Fire Tone out have Motorola Tone Plans.

The 2 reasons I can think of are:

1. Timing of the tones
2. They don't have a tone plan so the scanner can't comphrehend (But how come it doesn't go off on the single Rescue tone?)

I have a BR-330T, which from what I read the Tone out features are pretty much the same as the BCD-396T.

Try them out one your scanners and see what happens. It could be just a programming error on my part.

Thanks in advance for any help.

PS: I have tried reversing A and B tones on both sets and to no avail. The Radio F- is 153.860.

Last edited by RobKB1FJR; 12-10-2005 at 11:35 AM..
Old 12-10-2005, 12:23 PM

Plectron has no tone plan - any two tones are chosen from the chart. The scanner doesn't care about tone plans either. Try setting 153.86 to FM mode instead of Auto or NFM.
Old 12-11-2005, 9:21 PM

Quote:
Seems i'm out of luck Joe. The manual says how to program for a one-tone page that is shorter than 3.75 sec duration. Problem is...seems it requires the tone to sound for approx. 2 seconds minimum before squelch will break (i figured this out by testing it myself by transmitting test signals on a frs radio). The police agency i was trying this on only transmits a brief tone - about 1 second duration max - during their priority traffic. I'm going to double check this with Paul, but this seems to be why it's not working for me.
I thought it went shorter than that, but you may very well be correct. :-(

Joe M.
Old 12-12-2005, 9:12 PM

Default question

i have a question and i'm new to this thread,and if this question has been asked and answered already please forgive me, i was thinking bout purchasing a 396 for the holidays , but nearly everything around me is trunked ,will the 396 pick up tone out on a trunked system or juts conventional and where can i find the charts or how can i go about finding out what the tone out numbers are for broward county and ft lauderdale florida areas,,thanks in advance and sorry again if this was asked already
Old 12-13-2005, 2:38 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Conventional.

Read through this thread, take your time, and you'll see the info.
Old 12-14-2005, 2:46 PM

Default Riverside County Fire

Does anyone have any tone frequencies for any fire station in the Riverside county so i can test out my scanner.
Sponsored links

Old 12-14-2005, 4:03 PM
wizard of odd
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Try checking in the local fourms section.
Old 12-26-2005, 11:41 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Does anyone know where I can find or purchase the program Tuner12? I see it referenced in these posts, but I can't seem to find it. Thanks.

Scott
Old 12-27-2005, 2:20 PM

Default Tuner12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonC75
Does anyone know where I can find or purchase the program Tuner12? I see it referenced in these posts, but I can't seem to find it. Thanks.

Scott
You won't have to buy it. It's a freebie.

http://www.techmind.org/audio/tuner12.exe
Old 12-30-2005, 5:03 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I can't find anything via a "search" - but do any of you lurkers have Fire-Tone for Sacramento County, California or surrounding areas?
Old 01-03-2006, 8:03 PM

Hey,

I'm in Suffolk/Nassau Counties, NY. I monitor 46.46 (Countywide FD) in which every town tones out- (Over 100 different departments.)

I also monitor 155.280 (Medcom, Countywide EMS)

What I'm having trouble understanding is "How can I find the Hz information for these two Cw Frequencies?"

That's my main question.

My second question that branches- "Is there a free program that will measure the Hz and easily display it?" That you all for the help, and what a great website!