thinking of the BR330T

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikesjoint

Premium Subscriber
I have been scouring the internet trying to decide upon a new hand held scanner, being that i am not close to any digital system yet, i have not been to sure on a digital scanner, but when i look at the coverage, not another rig out there seems to have the coverage of this one. i am baffled that the gre rig that is 5 hundred bucks, as well as the uniden rigs that are high dollar, all skip several potentially usefull bands,. I am not interested in shortwave recieve ion a handheld, ive got the old trustworthy dx394 for that. BUT, the otherwise solid coverage makes the 330 a scanner worth looking at..... I wonder if any readers here have a performance based opinion of this rig,,, and i wonder why its going out of production.

THANK YOU

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
I've had a BR330T for many years now. Solid receive, nice audio. I'd recommend it for a good analog handheld.

Its main mission for me is to receive military air comms on VHF (138 - 144 MHz) and UHF (225 - 380 MHz) on AM.

My only gripe is that it cannot display the alpha tag and frequency simultaneously; you must to choose to display one or the other.

You are right; it seems older scanners sometimes have wider coverage than newer scanners. Uniden never acknowledged why they discontinued the radio so early, but the radio is not a bad design or performer.

Eng74

The 330 is a great radio. I think the reason it was dicontinued so early was it was made for NASCAR fans, the NASCR Logo gives it away, and it was more radio than most NASCAR fans wanted or needed for racing scanner. For race scanning you do not need truncking, Fire Tone Out and the wide coverage which made the price point high and then compare it to the other racing scanners that are out there and you can see why it didn't last long.

Status
Not open for further replies.