Uniden Open House 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
You Are Invited!

Uniden invites you to attend the 2010 Uniden Open House on Saturday, June 26, 2010 at Uniden America Corporation Headquarters.

We are firing up the grill this Summer, and want to invite you over for some burgers, hot dogs, and other treats. We'll be announcing a revolutionary new scanner product on July 1, but attendees will get a sneak preview and introduction to the product from Uniden's Scanner Product Manager, Paul "UPMan" Opitz. Plus, hear from other guests including Lindsay Blanton, owner of RadioReference.com, the source for radio system information as well as other special guests.

We'll be opening the doors at 10:00 AM and starting the program at 11 AM. This is an event that you will not want to miss.

Because we want to be sure to have plenty of food and other goodies, we are asking you to register for this event. To do so, please go to: Open House Registration and fill out the form.
Looking forward to seeing you there!

Mike_G_D

Man, I'd love to go! Funds on my end are dwindling fast, however, and so must be carefully parceled out for essentials these days, travel, unfortunately, not being one of them. Plus other issues.

Anyway, I would go if I could! I hope those who do get to go can report back (allowed to?!)!

-Mike

Haley

I would love to go also! Sounds like a good time. For gods sake though, I finally broke down and ordered a 396xt today (to go with my 346), please dont tell me something even better is coming out! Just a little sarcasm. Good luck with the event though, Mike

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
How about a contest where Uniden will fly r/t and accommodations for the lucky winner? I would love to go, but funds are a bit tight!

scanchs

I just registered...

I just signed up to attend the open house! Funds are tight for me as well, but some things are just more important than food. Besides, if I show up, they'll feed me! This will really be great fun. I can't wait! So, who's going to join me? :cool:

ScanCHS

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
wow, great news, selling a couple radios to get another Icom ID-800H, but i guess I will hold these funds until I see what Uniden has new then deciede what i really "need" to buy! lol

ButchGone

I'm hoping the revolutionary new scanner product addresses issues with decoding simulcast P25 digital systems, particularly the LSM issue!
BG..

dracer777

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

"revolutionary" is a pretty bold statement UPMan. You know that? Don't fail me. :p

ausscan

Premium Subscriber
Hold one of these in Melbourne, Australia and I'll definitely come

cpuerror

"scanner product" = scanner?

Not sure if we can use this thread to hypothesize or not. I have a feeling like it's going to be a remote head or perhaps a GPS addon. "Scanner Product" to me reads like "Petroleum Product", not petro but something that is derived from it or a part of it.

I guess we will just have to spend the next month speculating, which is probably exactly what Uniden's marketing department wants us to do.

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
"Revolutionary" is in the eye of the beholder, and IMO was only, over the years:

- trunking
- dynamic memory
- P25

Always interesting to see what the new scanner will be.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
revolutionary new scanner product

Sorry I cannot say more.

I've been contacted by a couple of people interested in extending the event over to dinner, etc. Since most people will be attending from the DFW area, I've been suggesting posting in the dfwscan Yahoo! group to coordinate extra-curricular stuff. Not sure myself whether I'll be in any shape to do much after...I've got a sales meeting and dinner on Friday, then setting up / tearing down for the Open House on Saturday.

Mikepepd

UPMan: Maybe most will be from the DFW area but if everything aligns just so, I will be coming down from the Chicago Area for the open house. And some of that Texas BarBQ.....

Dewey

Not sure if we can use this thread to hypothesize or not. I have a feeling like it's going to be a remote head or perhaps a GPS addon. "Scanner Product" to me reads like "Petroleum Product", not petro but something that is derived from it or a part of it.

I guess we will just have to spend the next month speculating, which is probably exactly what Uniden's marketing department wants us to do.

I'm with you on this one... maybe a device to plug into the data port for the purpose of recording the audio. Just wishing, sorry Rdale.

Dewey

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
On the software side - what would be revolutionary is one programming application that works with every programmable Uniden scanner ever made.

Now that I would buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.