BCD996XT Tone Out Mode: Tone A and Tone B Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
I have been experimenting with the Tone A and Tone B Settings on my BCD996XT lately and logging tones used on my Butel ARC-XT Pro. Anyway, I am looking for a little clarification on Tone-Out Search. I have had Tone-Out Search configured and let this run under unattended operation, but returned later and the BCD996XT had reverted back to Tone-Out Standby. I would prefer that it remain in Tone-Out Search mode, rather than going to Tone-Out Standby. In this particular case all of the other 9 Tone-Out memories were programmed with a positive tone value. Does that matter? Also, if I understand the manual correctly, if I am in the Tone-Out Search mode and it, for example, receives:

A : 978.9Hz / B :1514.4Hz

But, I have memory two already programmed as:

A : 979.9Hz / B :1513.4Hz Fire Station

Does the 996XT recognize that A : 978.9Hz / B :1514.4Hz is close enough to A : 979.9Hz / B :1513.4Hz Fire Station and will subsequently display that? Also, how close to tones need to be to be recognized? Is there say a tolerance of 5 or 10 hZ either side of the actual tone?

Edit: Okay, I just had that happen now. I had CH1 in Tone-Out Search, it found the matching pair in memory and displayed it, so I guess my question is can I somehow configure it to return to Tone-Out Search? Because after the last find it switched to Tone-Out Standby. Also, it never asked me if I wanted to save that to memory, like the manual states. I am now wondering if I should ask Gommert if there may be away to enhance this function via Butel ARC-XT PRO.

ToneAAndToneBSettings < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

"Tone A and Tone B Settings
You can configure the scanner to search for tones in several different ways, based on the values you enter for Tone A and Tone B:

Tone A setting Positive number Tone B Setting Positive number
Operation Monitor the channel for two-tone pages only. The scanner opens squelch and displays the tone information when the following occur:

1. The scanner detects a tone that matches the value you set for Tone A.
2. The tone is at least 250 ms long.
3. Within 500 ms, the scanner detects a second tone that matches the value set for Tone B.
4. The second tone is at least 100 ms long.

Tone A setting Positive number Tone B Setting 0.0 Hz
Operation Monitor the channel for single-tone pages only. The scanner opens squelch and displays the tone information when the following occur:

1. The scanner detects a tone that matches the value you set for Tone A.
2. The tone is at least 1.25 seconds long and not more than 3.75 seconds long.

Tone A setting 0.0 Hz Tone B Setting Positive number
Operation Monitor the channel for group tones only. The scanner opens squelch and displays the tone information when the following occur:

1. The scanner detects a tone that matches the value you set for Tone B.
2. The tone is at least 3.75 seconds long.

Tone A setting 0.0 Hz Tone B Setting 0.0 Hz
Operation Monitor the channel for two-tone pages, single-tone pages, and group tones. This tone out search mode works as follows:

1. All detected tones are compared to the three criteria listed above.
2. If the tone meets any one of the criteria, the scanner checks to see if this tone frequency is already saved to a tone out channel with the same frequency, modulation, and attenuator settings.
3. If the detected tone matches a saved tone, the scanner opens squelch.
4. If the detected tone does not match any saved tones, the scanner opens squelch, flashes the tone information on the display, and asks if you want to save the tone information."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.