RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Thread Archives

Uniden Thread Archives A depository of archived threads from the original Uniden forum.

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-22-2010, 6:22 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 120
Default Freescan software for Home Patrol

I was just over of the web site for Freescan software and they have a section setup for a "coming soon" software for programming the Home Patrol. It'll be interesting to see what it offers in regards to programming vs. the Factory Software.
Sponsored links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09-22-2010, 6:47 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Chester County, PA
Posts: 143
Thumbs up Freescan

Yes it will. That's encouraging to hear.
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 09-22-2010, 6:57 PM
KE4ZNR's Avatar
KE4ZNR@radioreference.com
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 5,699
Thumbs up

Considering Assaf is wicked smart I am sure his "Power Patrol" software will compliment Uniden's Sentinel software very nicely.
Marshall KE4ZNR
__________________
NC/SC Forum Moderator/Database Administrator
Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules & Guidelines

@KE4ZNR on Twitter
http://instagram.com/KE4ZNR
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 09-22-2010, 8:28 PM
cpuerror's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,188
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KE4ZNR View Post
Considering Assaf is wicked smart I am sure his "Power Patrol" software will compliment Uniden's Sentinel software very nicely.
Marshall KE4ZNR
Thanks Marshall. PowerPatrol will add the ability to edit channels and systems, as well as import them. I still have to add editing and file saving functionality and then I can get some kind of a beta out.
__________________
FreeSCAN for Uniden DMA scanners, IRLP*Me for iOS devices
Twitter - @FreeSCAN
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 09-22-2010, 9:33 PM
markbart's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Spencer IN
Posts: 292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpuerror View Post
Thanks Marshall. PowerPatrol will add the ability to edit channels and systems, as well as import them. I still have to add editing and file saving functionality and then I can get some kind of a beta out.
Can't wait to see It.
__________________
PopCom Station ID. WPC1MBB
Proud Owen County IN Weather Spotter
Pro-2055 Pro-197
KAKC 0870
Sponsored links
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 09-22-2010, 9:55 PM
Highpockets's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Toms River, New Jersey
Posts: 3,795
Default

I may take some heat for this, but if your software is anything like FreeScan you may save the HP-1 and open the door giving advanced users a reason to buy it.
__________________
Steve

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 09-23-2010, 7:20 AM
Completely Banned for the Greater Good
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Lansing, MI
Posts: 11,438
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highpockets View Post
you may save the HP-1 and open the door giving advanced users a reason to buy it.
No, because operationally it's still the same. If you're an "advanced" user, you probably won't be replacing any of your "advanced" scanners with it.
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 09-23-2010, 3:54 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highpockets View Post
I may take some heat for this, but if your software is anything like FreeScan you may save the HP-1 and open the door giving advanced users a reason to buy it.
It certainly is going to open up possibilities for users that otherwise wouldn't have considered it.
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 09-23-2010, 6:32 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: S.E. Michigan
Posts: 79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highpockets View Post
I may take some heat for this, but if your software is anything like FreeScan you may save the HP-1 and open the door giving advanced users a reason to buy it.
It think it will certainly sway me towards an HP-1. I currently have a BC785D monitoring digital trunk in S.E. Michigan, and it's working great, but if rebanding or 9600 baud ever come to town it's a brick. I have an itch to buy a new scanner but can't make up my mind on this new HP-1 or BCD996XT/BCD396XT?
__________________
-Tom
Sponsored links
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 09-25-2010, 10:08 PM
Viper43's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,135
Default

Yup, can't wait to see what Assaf comes up with. And I am sure a few others will also come up with something for the HP-1 as well.

V
__________________
HP-1 x 2, BCD396XT, BCD396T, BCD996T, PSR600, Pro2035, Pro2035+535, Pro2052, Pro94, Pro97,Pro-2096, R71-A, PCR-100 x 2, PCR1500 and 12 other scanners/recievers.
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 10-30-2010, 3:39 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Altos, CA
Posts: 1,497
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdale View Post
No, because operationally it's still the same. If you're an "advanced" user, you probably won't be replacing any of your "advanced" scanners with it.
How many people 'replace' scanners? And how many people wear out their radio?

It is a fine radio to add to your collection.

It is interesting that as part of the talk, folks haven't talked about some pretty 'advanced' features that advanced users have been asking for. It supports a USB port for faster configuration upload. It has a voice recorder.

It supports multi-site trunking with what appears to be an unlimited number of TGIDs.

Granted, there are some missing features too. No nearfield rx'er. No tone/NAC decode display, filtering is supported. No priority.
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 01-14-2011, 3:30 AM
rwier's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 922
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b52hbuff View Post
How many people 'replace' scanners? And how many people wear out their radio?

It is a fine radio to add to your collection.

It is interesting that as part of the talk, folks haven't talked about some pretty 'advanced' features that advanced users have been asking for. It supports a USB port for faster configuration upload. It has a voice recorder.

It supports multi-site trunking with what appears to be an unlimited number of TGIDs.

Granted, there are some missing features too. No nearfield rx'er. No tone/NAC decode display, filtering is supported. No priority.
In use virtually every day: HP-1, BCD396T, BCD996T, PSR500, PSR600, and PRO-2042. Six or eight older models given away to friends or family over a 20 year period, and more than I can begin to recall have went to the scanner bone pile, going back in time to....hell, let's just say forever.

Now I realize that if given some sort of an examination (test) by, for instance, rdale, I could not possibly achieve the score commensurate with an "advanced" user. And, I agree that this is rightly so. However, I do believe I have earned the right to think of myself as an "advanced" purchaser.

Due to the very unfortunate characterization of the radio in advertising and other promotional activities, anyone who would like to hold themselves out as an "advanced" user can not possibly deem this radio as acceptable. I mean, if (paraphrasing) "Now your grandmother can join the scanning community! All she needs to know is her zip code" is on the box, surely only a dummy would purchase or recommend such a radio.

Personally, I monitor deep within the radio cesspool that is Maricopa County, Arizona. I use the 996 and the 600 in my vehicle. The are both programmed exactly the same. The overlap on the partial coverage of the P25 system gives me about 75% good coverage, 25% broken up, of the Phx PD transmissions. Indoors I use a similar setup with the 396 and the 500.

With the HP-1, for the first time I am hearing entire 20-30 second long dispatches from the Phoenix Police Department, indoors, without an outside antenna (Oops, I forgot about all the years before digital, lol). And I was doing that within 30 minutes of opening the box!

When ever I make a positive statement about this radio on a forum (example: “Try it with Arc Patrol, you might like the results") I get a response like "Well, I guess you could get software, and make favorite lists, but doesn't that defeat the purpose of the radio?”

I wonder, what percentage of purchasers of the 396, 996, 500, and 600 would consider not using third party software? But no, not with the HP-1.

The HP-1 is the first scanner that I can recall that appears to be developing a societal schism. The HP-1 is rapidly becoming the psychological "Sarah Palin" of the scanning community. For one group, the radio is "the greatest thing since sliced bread", an opinion that the other group considers absolute proof of scanner incompetency.

Hope my rant doesn't get me banned from these fine forums, lol.

Thanks for listening,
Rob
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 01-14-2011, 7:06 AM
CoolCat's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 781
Posts: 514
Default

You revived a 4 month old thread just to rant about people who have no interest in purchasing an HP-1?
__________________
-Chris
I'll keep my freedom, my guns, and my money. You can keep the "change".
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 01-14-2011, 7:36 AM
Xray's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 123
Default

Anyone is entitled to revive any thread they wish, its not like they expire.
HP1 is a hot & controversial little radio, and will generate more and more chatter as time goes on.
No one is going to be talked into getting one, or not, by what they read in a single post. "Advanced users" will indeed be served better with other units ,, But if they continue to reply in HP1 threads, that shows a certain amount of interest.

I just got one, have had little time to tinker with it so far.
Location/range function seems a bit ludicrous, I entered my zip code, set range to only 5 miles, and it is loading systems in Cleveland Ohio and Ontario Canada, which are 200 miles and 25 miles away from me, respectively.
People have griped that there is no easy way to enter your own freqs, in advanced options you can do just that, enter any single freq in its range, and it will monitor it. Unfortunately, there is no way to do anything else with it, such as export to the FAV list. Hopefully future software revisions will add this simple functionality, along with the ability to make, link & scan multiple FAV lists.
That would be greatly pleasing to those mid road scannists like me, who would like a bit more functionality than the HP1 currently offers, but are turned off by the stunning complexity of their other digital scanners.
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2012, 2:45 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lilburn, Ga
Posts: 3
Default

where can I download power
Sponsored links
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2012, 2:50 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lilburn, Ga
Posts: 3
Default

where can i download power patrol?
thank you
duluthgacop
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2012, 2:52 PM
Member
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: San Diego County, California
Posts: 1,735
Arrow

Your HomePatrol-1 still need to use firmware version 1.x to work with this software.
It doesn't support Homepatrol-1 firmware version 2.x at this time.

PowerPatrol - Software
http://www.sixspotsoftware.com/downloads
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2012, 2:52 PM
wise871's Avatar
FL, GA, AL, MS Admin
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: N.W. Florida
Posts: 2,372
Default

MtnBiker beat me to it.
__________________
Dan M
BCD436HP /BCD536HP /BCD396XT /BCD996T(XT) /BCT15X /PRO-197 /PRO-106 /PSR-410 /HP-1 /BC898T
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2012, 3:57 PM
rwier's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 922
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by duluthgacop View Post
where can I download power
Thank you so much for opening this old thread. Now I can update a 13 month old post of mine that was itself an opening of an old thread.

Rob
__________________
Rob, Phoenix, AZ since '40
Used nearly every day:
996T, HP-1 EXTREME (x3), 500, 600, and 800 (x2)
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2012, 4:53 PM
rwier's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 922
Default Update of old post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwier View Post
In use virtually every day: HP-1, BCD396T, BCD996T, PSR500, PSR600, and PRO-2042. Six or eight older models given away to friends or family over a 20 year period, and more than I can begin to recall have went to the scanner bone pile, going back in time to....hell, let's just say forever.

Now I realize that if given some sort of an examination (test) by, for instance, rdale, I could not possibly achieve the score commensurate with an "advanced" user. And, I agree that this is rightly so. However, I do believe I have earned the right to think of myself as an "advanced" purchaser.

Due to the very unfortunate characterization of the radio in advertising and other promotional activities, anyone who would like to hold themselves out as an "advanced" user can not possibly deem this radio as acceptable. I mean, if (paraphrasing) "Now your grandmother can join the scanning community! All she needs to know is her zip code" is on the box, surely only a dummy would purchase or recommend such a radio.

Personally, I monitor deep within the radio cesspool that is Maricopa County, Arizona. I use the 996 and the 600 in my vehicle. The are both programmed exactly the same. The overlap on the partial coverage of the P25 system gives me about 75% good coverage, 25% broken up, of the Phx PD transmissions. Indoors I use a similar setup with the 396 and the 500.

With the HP-1, for the first time I am hearing entire 20-30 second long dispatches from the Phoenix Police Department, indoors, without an outside antenna (Oops, I forgot about all the years before digital, lol). And I was doing that within 30 minutes of opening the box!

When ever I make a positive statement about this radio on a forum (example: “Try it with Arc Patrol, you might like the results") I get a response like "Well, I guess you could get software, and make favorite lists, but doesn't that defeat the purpose of the radio?”

I wonder, what percentage of purchasers of the 396, 996, 500, and 600 would consider not using third party software? But no, not with the HP-1.

The HP-1 is the first scanner that I can recall that appears to be developing a societal schism. The HP-1 is rapidly becoming the psychological "Sarah Palin" of the scanning community. For one group, the radio is "the greatest thing since sliced bread", an opinion that the other group considers absolute proof of scanner incompetency.

Hope my rant doesn't get me banned from these fine forums, lol.

Thanks for listening,
Rob
My, My, My! How things were then. They stayed about the same for me (new radios but no better coverage by the HP-1's stablemates, old or new. Then came the BIG "E". A whole new world!

Using the HP-1(E)'s analitical abilities, I was able to up the HP-1 (E)'s coverage of my local System from about 92%-95% coverage to 98+% (dropped rx's are very rare now). Next I was able to fine tune the 396t, 996t, 500, 600, and two new 800's to the same 98+% coverage. This was done by using the analytical features of the "(E)" on a dozen antennas, and various user controlled setting in the radios.

I no longer have the 396, but of the current seven that are in use every day, I can make the following "PROVEABLE" statements:
__________________________________________________ __________
I have the same antenna on top of my truck as I have on my home's roof.

Indoors and in the truck, I have a fourway antenna splitter/power booster (18 volt).

I can listen to up to eight scanners at one time (If I stand in the front door, lol).

After first RECHECKING (using the HP-1 "E") each of the eight 4' feeds (from the booster/splitters) for equally strong and quality signals, I can arrange the seven scanners in any configuration (position among the 8 feeds) that anyone might suggest.

This will result in ALL (get that?), ALLseven scanners locking and holding on RWC Multisite Simulcast transmissions slightly better then the HP-1 performed out of the box, and FAR, FAR, better then the non HP-1's did for months and years!
__________________________________________________ __________

If you are here in Maricopa County, you know the above is NOT possible, right? All of these miraculous transformations were due to the "(E)". Thanks Uniden!!!!

Up until the "(E)", I would/could have made statements to the effect that certain of my radios were superior to the others (in decoding the RWC nightmare). Of course, I would have been completely mistaken.

Rob
__________________
Rob, Phoenix, AZ since '40
Used nearly every day:
996T, HP-1 EXTREME (x3), 500, 600, and 800 (x2)

Last edited by rwier; 02-06-2012 at 4:57 PM..
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 9:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2011 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions