RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Thread Archives

Uniden Thread Archives A depository of archived threads from the original Uniden forum.

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-27-2010, 6:05 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5
Default Who's shipping Home Patrols

I've seen several references to Ham Station having shipped Home Patrol scanners. Even a few folks have received them. Have any other dealers started shipping the radios? And has anyone received them from those dealers?
Am awaiting one from Grove Enterprises. Just curious.

Thanks, Edward
Sponsored links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09-27-2010, 8:39 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: S.E. Michigan
Posts: 79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebreeden View Post
I've seen several references to Ham Station having shipped Home Patrol scanners. Even a few folks have received them. Have any other dealers started shipping the radios? And has anyone received them from those dealers?
Am awaiting one from Grove Enterprises. Just curious.

Thanks, Edward
I ordered from BearcatWarehouse.com, they ship tomorrow Tuesday the 28th.
__________________
-Tom
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 09-27-2010, 10:35 PM
Anvil's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 19
Default Shipping

I talked with Grove today and they are shipping "this week".
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 09-28-2010, 12:08 AM
Member
   
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5
Default I wonder....

Thanks to those who have already replied and I look forward to hearing from others.

I wonder if Uniden would prefer that most units be shipped out to arrive on or about Oct 1 to coincide with their "published" release date of Oct 1?

Edward
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 09-28-2010, 5:03 AM
Not Posting
   
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 6
Default

I'm to lazy to look it up, can you lock out selected channels or frequencies from scanning? thanks..
Sponsored links
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 09-28-2010, 9:15 AM
conrad314's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Buckner/Jackson County, MO
Posts: 83
Default Home Patrol

Scanner Masters said they are shipping by 9/30...hasn't shipped yet though
__________________
KD0JOJ Buckner/Jackson County, MO
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 09-28-2010, 2:00 PM
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 377
Default Who's shipping Home Patrols

It looks like Communications Electronics is shipping too: Communications Electronics Inc. - Uniden Bearcat Scanners - Call 1-800-USA-SCAN to order
__________________
kb8rvp
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 09-28-2010, 6:21 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: S.E. Michigan
Posts: 79
Default

Mine shipped today the 28th from Bearcatwarehouse with tracking number.....
__________________
-Tom
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 09-28-2010, 7:17 PM
wise871's Avatar
FL, GA, AL, MS Admin
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: N.W. Florida
Posts: 2,317
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb8rvp View Post
I like the price that CEI has which includes shipping.
__________________
Dan M
BCD436HP /BCD536HP /BCD396XT /BCD996T(XT) /BCT15X /PRO-197 /PRO-106 /PSR-410 /HP-1 /BC898T
Sponsored links
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 09-28-2010, 8:54 PM
KE4ZNR's Avatar
KE4ZNR@radioreference.com
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 5,529
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthColumbus View Post
I'm to lazy to look it up, can you lock out selected channels or frequencies from scanning? thanks..
In the future please don't "threadjack" or hijack other members threads.
Thanks.
It's called "Avoiding" channels/talkgroups instead of locking out but yes, channels/talkgroups can be avoided.
Since you are too lazy to bother doing research on the unit, it might be just the
radio for you due to the fact it is preloaded with the entire US/Canada database
No need to do any extensive programming. You do have to be willing to
at least put in your zip code or city name though
Marshall KE4ZNR
__________________
NC/SC Forum Moderator/Database Administrator
Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules & Guidelines

@KE4ZNR on Twitter
http://instagram.com/KE4ZNR
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 09-29-2010, 1:12 AM
Member
   
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5
Default It's shipped

Looks like mine is on it's way from Grove. Got emails from Grove and UPS indicating it has shipped. All being well, should be enjoying the radio this time tomorrow.

Thanks again to everyone for your input. Perhaps others have benefited from this information as well as I.

Edward
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 09-29-2010, 3:36 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Posts: 6
Default

Awesome guys to deal with. Ordered this afternoon at 1pm and will be here Friday. FREE SHIPPING! Good thing because my old scanner "bit it" today so my live link is down.


Quote:
Originally Posted by kb8rvp View Post
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 09-29-2010, 4:13 PM
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: West Lafayette, Indiana
Posts: 89
Default Scanner Master shipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebreeden View Post
I've seen several references to Ham Station having shipped Home Patrol scanners. Even a few folks have received them. Have any other dealers started shipping the radios? And has anyone received them from those dealers?
Am awaiting one from Grove Enterprises. Just curious.

Thanks, Edward
I ordered my HP-1 from Scanner Master on Sept 23rd, it shipped today (29th). They had at least one pallet of the radios in stock.
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 09-29-2010, 4:17 PM
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: West Lafayette, Indiana
Posts: 89
Default Scanner Master is shipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by conrad314 View Post
Scanner Masters said they are shipping by 9/30...hasn't shipped yet though
They shipped mine today. Had at least a pallet in stock.

Uniden HomePatrol Police Scanner Radio
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 09-29-2010, 4:19 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Altos, CA
Posts: 1,489
Default

I wanted to make a smart quip about Joe and Bob and whoever. But I can't keep the names and expertise straight. So let me ask in another way.

One of the themes that UPMan and supporters of HP-1 has continually pushed is that this is a radio for 'the common man'. (Queue "Fanfare for the Common Man, link provided below). From the thread, it looks like everyone is buying the radio from the usual suspects of retailers who cater to the scanning enthusiast. So where is the 'common man' buying this radio?

I am also interested in other outlets, since my longtime local scanner store (Scanners Unlimited) has closed. I'd really be interested in going to some other local store to buy the radio...


YouTube - Fanfare For the Common Man
Sponsored links
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 09-29-2010, 11:27 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5
Default additional selling channels

That's a very good question, B52HBUFF.

I suspect that since the initial supply of radios is limited, Uniden chose to use the traditional supply channel.

As time goes by, then I would think the other channels like Amazon, Best Buy , maybe even Radio Shack could come on-line.

However, more importantly in my mind will be its advertising campaign. I doubt our "common man" has even heard of Pop Comm or Monitoring Times and with bricks and mortar bookstores closing and reducing inventory, a random find of these magazines decreases.

When I see ads in Time, SI and others, then I'll figure the HP-1 has gone mainstream. In the meantime, those of us with these radios can demo them to our friends and co-workers who might have a passing interest in scanning. The $500 pricetag will be steep for most casual users, but with time this or susequent models may come down in price.

Edward
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 09-30-2010, 10:41 AM
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: West Lafayette, Indiana
Posts: 89
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b52hbuff View Post
I wanted to make a smart quip about Joe and Bob and whoever. But I can't keep the names and expertise straight. So let me ask in another way.

One of the themes that UPMan and supporters of HP-1 has continually pushed is that this is a radio for 'the common man'. (Queue "Fanfare for the Common Man, link provided below). From the thread, it looks like everyone is buying the radio from the usual suspects of retailers who cater to the scanning enthusiast. So where is the 'common man' buying this radio?

I am also interested in other outlets, since my longtime local scanner store (Scanners Unlimited) has closed. I'd really be interested in going to some other local store to buy the radio...


YouTube - Fanfare For the Common Man
In Ham lingo, this is an appliance operators radio. It requres about the skill that a Kitchen Aid stand mixer does (little more than a hand mixer but still user friendly). Uniden seems to be marketing to the knowledgeable hobbist. But nothing says that they will not market the radio via Wal-Mart or Radio Shack in the future once the HP-1 becomes known.

As for vendors, here ares some
Scanner Master
Bearcat Warehouse
Communications Electronics Inc
Universal Radio
R&L Electronics
Grove Enterprises
AES
Ham Station (Evansville)

And I know I am missing some.....
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 09-30-2010, 10:51 AM
JohnRKing's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: fairmont wv 26554
Posts: 7
Default swat

Quote:
Originally Posted by conrad314 View Post
Scanner Masters said they are shipping by 9/30...hasn't shipped yet though
RR is not up to date way behind hp needs id scan and id search.
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 09-30-2010, 11:51 AM
markbart's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Spencer IN
Posts: 284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by n9nwo View Post
In Ham lingo, this is an appliance operators radio. It requres about the skill that a Kitchen Aid stand mixer does (little more than a hand mixer but still user friendly). Uniden seems to be marketing to the knowledgeable hobbist. But nothing says that they will not market the radio via Wal-Mart or Radio Shack in the future once the HP-1 becomes known.

As for vendors, here ares some
Scanner Master
Bearcat Warehouse
Communications Electronics Inc
Universal Radio
R&L Electronics
Grove Enterprises
AES
Ham Station (Evansville)

And I know I am missing some.....
As I have said before the average user who want's to hear what's going on locally doesn't care about programing the scanner they just want to listen.The reason I say this is becouse I have become the local scanner prograner.I keep copies of user manuals for GRE-500/600,BCT-396XT/996XT.Pro-2096/PRO97 and others.I am willing to help others get started in a hobby I have enjoyed for 45 Yrs.The biggest problem I have with the digital scanners is that they are so hard to program.Even though I don't have a digital scanner to play with I'm willing to try to program one.
__________________
PopCom Station ID. WPC1MBB
Proud Owen County IN Weather Spotter
Pro-2055 Pro-197
KAKC 0870
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 09-30-2010, 1:10 PM
UPMan's Avatar
Uniden Representative
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 8,069
Default

Quote:
When I see ads in Time, SI and others, then I'll figure the HP-1 has gone mainstream.
Does Popular Science count? (We have a full-page ad on Page 28 of the October issue.)
__________________
Uniden Product Ninja
Who is UpMan and why doesn't he answer my email/phone call?
Professional Scanner Developer
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 2:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2011 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions