Uniden HomePatrol Programming Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

RWMN229

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I know this is probably a stupid question... but, can a guy program in a system, talkgroup ID and site information if the Radio Reference site doesn't have it in the database. Furthermore, if a guy can, what is the BEST software to use to do so?

Thanks all!!

ECHO3

The simple answer is "yes". You can:
Add a frequency that is not in the built-in database
Add a talkgroup that is not in the built-in database
Add/Modify a control channel frequency
Add a trunk system that is not in the built-in database
Add Nascar and other race frequencies
Change Alpha tags
Change or add subtones
Add Airband, CB, Marine, Railroad, FRS and GMRS frequencies
Change the service type of frequencies and/or talkgroups
Search a frequency range

Butel has software available for HP-1. (I can't say it's the best). Perhaps others, too.

RWMN229

Premium Subscriber
Thanks guys! Finally, if you had a choice of getting a HP-1 new or BCD996T new, which would you choose?

I'm on the fence...

911scanner

Thanks guys! Finally, if you had a choice of getting a HP-1 new or BCD996T new, which would you choose?

I'm on the fence...

It would depend on how well you understand the Uniden DMA structure, or whether you are a bit of an electronics "nerd".

The "T" & "XT" series of scanners can do quite a few things, many of which the HP-1 cannot do. If you want to have a less complicated set-up, then HP-1 is the way to go.

I live in the Twin Cities, so I have a good idea of what you'll be able to listen to. I already have both the "T" & "XT" series units. From what I've heard, the HP-1 will have a bit better receive, so I'm personally excited to get my hands on the HomePatrol to see if this is the case. I know it will be easier to just listen straight out of the box.

MM

Status
Not open for further replies.