Home Patrol sale anytime soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonpeoria911

Database Admin
Hey Lindsay, do you know if Uniden is going to have a sale or discount on the Home Patrol anytime soon? My Father in Law just decided that he wanted a scanner and his Springfield, IL area is mostly digital. No way he'll be able to tackle a GRE or 396/996 series so I figured the Home Patrol would be good. He would just prefer to pay $350 or lower if at all possible.

Jason

vinzep491

I think alot of us would prefer to pay less, if possible. :/

In reality, I dont see a sale happening for a while... it's too new.

:)

scannersnstuff

uniden does not really have sale's. you may find a few select dealer's that may occasionally lower a price maybe $10.00 or so. i think it has something to do with uniden not going below a certain minimum.

vinzep491

uniden does not really have sale's. you may find a few select dealer's that may occasionally lower a price maybe $10.00 or so. i think it has something to do with uniden not going below a certain minimum.

I've noticed that, too... It's a shame,

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Yep...its a joke what uniden charges for digital scanners. They shoulld be ashamed.

Most of the country is going P25 digital and people looking to get into scanning or get back into scanning after some time away see the big time prices and they don't buy. Scared away by the big radio prices. E-bay is their only option.

ilgrant

Last time I got a 396T digital scanner on sale. 6 months later the XT came out! Maybe it's me but it seems to me if a digital scanner goes on sale a newer version of it is coming out soon. I think GRE just did something like that.

RadioDaze

I saw a used HomePatrol for sale on QRZ once for $400... I was tempted, I must say. But I doubt you'll find used ones for much less than that. And it will probably be a while before new ones can be had for $450.

yehtkuhn

option

I know Uniden has a site where they sell refurbished scanners,can't remember the site,their maybe something there,but they probably are scarfed up real quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.