RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Thread Archives

Uniden Thread Archives A depository of archived threads from the original Uniden forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-07-2011, 4:25 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chauffeur6 View Post
Now ScannerMaster's site says "The remote head will be available by approximately August 2011." I'd really love to know how exactly they're getting a new batch, when Uniden claims they no longer manufacturer them. Unless they have some kind of supersecret agreement with Uniden to be the sole source, or someone has a rather large surplus of them hidden in a warehouse. Or maybe just black magic, who knows.
There is no secret here. This came up last year at this time and UPMan posted that Uniden was merely building them from existing parts stores. Scanner Master had them at $169.00, but put them on sale at $129.00 with free shipping just before Christmas last year. I'd guess that at some point the stock of unique RH96 parts will be gone and we won't see any more new ones produced.
Sponsored links
Old 06-14-2011, 1:46 PM

I'm very interested in one of these. If anyone has one to sell I would gladly take it off your hands. Also, how the heck are they going to get more in August if Uniden itself says 'no more'?
Old 06-17-2011, 6:59 AM

Default RH-96 - Looking for one.....

I, too, am looking for the elusive BC RH-96 remote head. If anyone has one to offer or knows where I can find one, please pm me. Thanks.
Old 06-17-2011, 5:40 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by seberry View Post
how the heck are they going to get more in August if Uniden itself says 'no more'?
Uniden had already discontinued them the last time scannermaster got a bunch in. From reading posts on this forum; it would appear that they built the last bunch from "new old stock" parts.

Perhaps ScannerMaster's relationship with Uniden is good enough that they can simply request additional production of these remote head models once they get enough interest to justify a mass/bulk order. I would imagine that the purpose of the in-stock email notification system is to gauge the amount of interest in the item.

Perhaps Uniden was ready to build them for June, but SM hadn't reached enough "interested" customers yet to go through with the order? Maybe they have reached that number now, and the order is in, but takes around 2 months to get them? Perhaps they had put the order in months ago, but Uniden couldn't source all the required parts in time for a June sale? Of course this is all just speculation. Don't be surprised to see a new message in August that says "the remote head will be available by approximately October 2011", or a new message that says "sorry, this item has been discontinued"
Old 06-26-2011, 6:13 PM

I cant get the remote to recognize my 396XT. it worked great on my old 396T. Any thoughts?
Sponsored links
Old 06-26-2011, 6:29 PM

mebucko
i think you need the latest firmware for the remote head
http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/vie...FirmwareUpdate
Old 06-26-2011, 6:41 PM

thanks, gonna give it a try.
Old 06-26-2011, 9:27 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEBUCKO View Post
I cant get the remote to recognize my 396XT. it worked great on my old 396T. Any thoughts?
Same thing happened to me. I bought a 396XT to replace my 396X and forgot that I needed to do the upgrade. Unfortunately I found out while I was on the road so I didn't get to use my XT until on that trip. Well, at least not while I was mobile.
Old 07-02-2011, 1:20 AM

count me in for a remote head if they come back on the market. It would make a fantastic additional to a handheld, mounted in a vehicle.
Sponsored links
Old 07-06-2011, 1:10 PM

Default Bc-rh96

Scannermaster website now says that this unit is in stock. (7/6/11) Just ordered one, and received a confirmation email from Scannermaster.
Old 07-06-2011, 3:16 PM

scannermaster has them in stock as of today around 180 shipped, i just ordered one
Old 07-06-2011, 4:07 PM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Link:
Uniden Bearcat BC-RH96 Remote Head
Our Price: $169.95
Product Code: 10-691108

http://www.scannermaster.com/Uniden_.../10-691108.htm
Old 07-06-2011, 4:22 PM

got the email from them as well. i may pick one up to keep on hand for when I get a better uniden radio. I just ordered a PSR800 ......
Old 07-09-2011, 6:58 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I did not plan on buying one of these before; but since they are so rare now I decided to buy one while they are still available (you really can't go wrong buying one of these since they sell for over $200 on eBay).

After using it for a couple days with my 396XT I must say I really like this thing!. It is actually a very nice product and the physical build quality is top notch. It is built just as well as the base/mobile scanners that it replicates. My only complaint about it is that it is sill an outdated device. Although a firmware update allows it to be used with the newer XT scanners, it's visual display features are still limited to what was available on the older "T" versions (no multicolor display, flashing backlight alert, etc).

Old 07-09-2011, 12:33 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Maybe Uniden will take the hint and be the first with a true detachable faceplate scanner.
Paul? Are you listening?
Old 07-10-2011, 7:06 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

A mobile scanner with a detachable face would be nice.

Another (IMO; better) option would be to design and fit the entire radio in the smaller form factor case of the RH96. The RH96 is certainly much smaller than a 996XT, but is still much larger than a 396XT. If they can cram it all into a 396XT then I would imagine there is still plenty of room in an RH96 case. The only thing I think would really suffer would be the internal audio since a smaller speaker would have to be used (and it would have to be an up, down or rear firing speaker, unless the front panel is modified to allow a front firing speaker).
Old 07-10-2011, 8:42 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCat View Post
A mobile scanner with a detachable face would be nice.

Another (IMO; better) option would be to design and fit the entire radio in the smaller form factor case of the RH96. The RH96 is certainly much smaller than a 996XT, but is still much larger than a 396XT. If they can cram it all into a 396XT then I would imagine there is still plenty of room in an RH96 case. The only thing I think would really suffer would be the internal audio since a smaller speaker would have to be used (and it would have to be an up, down or rear firing speaker, unless the front panel is modified to allow a front firing speaker).
And that is why it should have an external speaker ONLY, just like the MR8100. Don't give them a choice.
Old 12-23-2011, 6:15 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Remote Heads are back @ Scanner Master.
PSR-600
Old 12-25-2011, 1:24 PM

Post Or

Or advanced Specialties always has em in lodi,nj
I always see them there.
Old 12-26-2011, 12:47 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freqed View Post
Remote Heads are back @ Scanner Master.
I got one delivered a few days ago.

I bought one last year, on sale, and eventually changed my mind about using it (long story involving a totaled vehicle) so I sold it virtually unused to a member of the forum.

Now I change my mind again, and, lo and behold, they're on sale again. Took advantage of the free shipping too.