BC-RH96 Uniden. Is there a new one, Discontinued????

Status
Not open for further replies.

N8IYR

I am looking for a remote head for my BCD996XT but everyone seems to say its discontinued or out of stock.

Is this truly discontinued? If so Why?

Is there a replacement coming?

Thanks
Tim

oregontreehugger

Premium Subscriber
Discontinued. I believe the demand was not as strong as thought. Have not heard anything about a replacement, but I highly doubt there will be one.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Discontinued, no replacement. ScannerMaster had the last batch of them, but they're all gone. Used is your only option at this point (unless you get lucky and find one NOS)

garys

Premium Subscriber
Discontinued. The only ones in production were put together from the remaining stock of parts and marketed around the holidays. Scanner Master and Scanner World had some, but they are all gone. I wouldn't expect a replacement as Uniden was unable to sell them profitably.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Naturally....and right when I finally have a use for one....

They show up on Ebay from time to time and even in the classifieds here. They usually go fast, though. I think that Uniden's original mistake was that they priced it too high. I bought one when they first came out, even though it was pricier than I wanted to spend. Then I bought a second one last year because Scanner Master was selling them for about $100.00 less than the original Uniden price. I think a lot of people did that as well, which is why they went so quickly.

Duster

Supposedly Retired...
Database Admin
Well, poop... I was just waiting to get the money together, and was going to buy a 396XT and an RH-96 together. The remote head was going to be an integral part of my install...

PCTEK

Premium Subscriber
Well, I personally believe that Uniden jumped the gun when they released the RH-96. As evidenced by another RR member, who made modifications to the RH-96 which made it more useable (RJ-45 to run on cat 5 cable for one), yet, still not being able to control the power, volume and squelch from the head was a drawback. It was a good idea, but needed more input from users and better development.

N8IYR

If anyone has one they would like to sell, please PM or e-mail me timarydunham@yahoo.com
I just spent a bunch on the 996XT so I may or may not have the funds depending on the price??

Thanks

CoolCat

Premium Subscriber
~ not being able to control the power, volume and squelch from the head was a drawback.
Volume and Squelch CAN be controlled from the RH96 remote head.

While power on/off cannot be directly controlled from the RH96, for most installations the 'host' radio could be wired to turn on/off automatically with the power source (this includes the handhelds as long as the batteries are removed).

Rickgilliam

I'm looking for one too

Just bought a bcd396xt and need the remote head to put in my truck, if anyone has a good one of these they want to get rid of please pm me,

thanks

Rickgilliam

I send uniden an email this is what I got

"On 5/31/2011 7:31:36 AM, UNIDEN Support wrote:
Thank you for contacting Uniden with your question.

Currently there are no plan to bring back the remote head due to very low demand.

Thank you for choosing Uniden."

SCPD

QRT
Google search it under shopping, you will find many places they are being sold third party brand new.

Status
Not open for further replies.