Poll questions for HomePatrol-1 Extreme

Do you plan to purchase the Extreme upgrade for HP-1?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Curious to see what others are thinking. :twisted:

Last edited:

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Any reasons why you would want the upgrade? (I think I know Scott, but I'm curious to hear).

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
The trunked system analysis stuff is nifty, and I spent $500 on it, another $50 to bring it to full capacity seems logical to me. The combination of ease of operation combined with sophisticated advanced tools such as the aforementioned.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Interesting, is the primarily reason you like it for the display features, or the ability to edit the database for systems and channels? I love the color display, but was put off by the (non-extreme) operation and feature set. I felt is was too much for the advanced user and more for the beginner, in which it was designed for.

ve3zo

I have to decide on whether to purchase Home Patrol in the first place, I am kind of stuck on the XT series. However if I decide to , which would be in the next couple months, than yes I would spend the money to upgrade.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Yea, I dropped the ball. I think I covered all the bases and made it multiple choice as well.

freqhunter

Premium Subscriber
Of the two HP's I have, one will be upgraded and one not until I am certain they are bug free.

That being said I am not overly happy with the product. Maybe this update will sway my view of it.

hfxChris

Database Admin
I don't really see anything in the upgrade that I myself would find terribly useful, so I'll probably just go with the free update, which does add a lot of very useful features.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I had my misgivings about the HP1 after I bought it. should I go back to a XT series? Now that Uniden is offering to update for free some features that are handy and upgrade for what is not a horrible price I will keep it.

I hope to see the pay upgrades, on a friends HP1 before I decide what to do? It will be helpful to scan 2 faves at the same time.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
I had my misgivings about the HP1 after I bought it. should I go back to a XT series? Now that Uniden is offering to update for free some features that are handy and upgrade for what is not a horrible price I will keep it.

I hope to see the pay upgrades, on a friends HP1 before I decide what to do? It will be helpful to scan 2 faves at the same time.

Which XT radio did you have before the HP?

Status
Not open for further replies.