Home Patrol 1 and Aux Input on Vehicle Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Medic37766

I have a 2009 GMC Sierra that has a Aux input built into the radio for Ipod's and such. I have been having problem hearing my Home Patrol 1 while driving down the road so this morning I had a small flash of inspiration and took a standard 1/8' to 1/8' stero cable and plugged it into the Headphone port of the Home Patrol 1 and into the Aux Input of my Truck's Radio. After changing my radio to Aux......viola! I now have a built in speaker system for my Home Patrol! The sound is amazing, and trust me you do not need a lot of volume from your truck speakers to hear everything. I had it up a little loud and the tones for our local EMS system almost deafened me!

Some of you more electronic friendly people out there may be able to answer my question: Do you see any reason why this would not be ok to use?

ResQguy

Meh
Premium Subscriber
If you turn off the truck, you won't be able to hear the HP1. If you use an adapter to connect to the Line-out instead, when the stereo is off you will still hear the HP1 speaker.

Tom_G

No issues at all. I have seen many people do the same thing.
The only thing you might want to do is turn the treble down as the full range stereo setup might be too good.

Medic37766

Thanks ResQguy...I hadnt thought about the Line-Out. Thats a good idea.

Yeah TOM_G, even with the Treble at half-way it is still too much. Ill adjust it and see how it does.

trkntrlrman

RS-PRO 34, RS-PRO 60, BCD396XT, BCD996XT, SDS200
Premium Subscriber
When I replaced the Radio in my truck, I got the Alpine. it has the bluetooth for my phone, and the auxillery input for the Scanner, and the USB port for my music on the thumb drive...Love it, no mater what i have on if the phone rings it shuts off the scanner or whichever and the phone connects and all i have to do is talk....

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber
If you turn off the truck, you won't be able to hear the HP1. If you use an adapter to connect to the Line-out instead, when the stereo is off you will still hear the HP1 speaker.

Does the HP-1 have audio 'line-out' output ???

Status
Not open for further replies.