RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Thread Archives

Uniden Thread Archives A depository of archived threads from the original Uniden forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-11-2011, 3:12 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default P25 Adjust level - Uniden BCD996XT

Hey Guys & Ladies,

What is the best setting for the P25 ajjust level? I can pick up the local digital frequencies that are used around here in my area. Right now I am using the stock metal antenna that came with the Uniden BCD996XT scanner. I would like to hear more conversation on the digital frequencies like the local airport, local VA hospital and another local police deparment about 15 miles away from me. Anything else I need to adjust like for instance P25 Adjust mode or the P25 LP Filter <-- not sure what that does.

Local airport about 15 miles

VA hospital 12 miles away

2 Local police departments - 15 miles away
- Jamie

Last edited by Git-R-Done; 12-11-2011 at 3:17 PM..
Sponsored links
Old 12-11-2011, 3:36 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

P25 audio decode level adjustment - The RadioReference Wiki is about the best way to set it - separately for each system.
Old 12-11-2011, 3:46 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

The best thing to do I suppose is to leave the P25 Adjust Mode & Level alone and turn on the LP filter...From what I have heard and read on different sites that the LP filter improves the digital signal and conversations.

Old 12-11-2011, 3:48 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2PMX View Post
P25 audio decode level adjustment - The RadioReference Wiki is about the best way to set it - separately for each system.
It can't be set separately for each system on the XT. Uniden went backwards on the XTs and removed that feature. The T models allowed adjusting P25 on a per system basis.

WS-1080 PSR-500 BCD436HP BCD396XT BCD396T FRG-100 PRO-43 PRO-90 PRO-2050 FT-857 FT-90 VX-170 VX-3
Old 12-11-2011, 3:57 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Git-R-Done View Post
The best thing to do I suppose is to leave the P25 Adjust Mode & Level alone and turn on the LP filter...From what I have heard and read on different sites that the LP filter improves the digital signal and conversations.
You can't accomplish anything with the Mode setting. Don't turn on the filter unless you need it. If you don't hear an annoying 4KHz tone on the audio, it is not needed and will supposedly increase CPU load which will degrade the P25 decode performance. It is bad enough, you don't want to make it worse.

WS-1080 PSR-500 BCD436HP BCD396XT BCD396T FRG-100 PRO-43 PRO-90 PRO-2050 FT-857 FT-90 VX-170 VX-3
Sponsored links
Old 12-11-2011, 4:09 PM

There is a few threads on the P25 decode on the 396 model, you think (Uniden) Paul would get sick of reading them and encourage Uniden do some research and try to do something about it. I've been reading post about it for over a year +- now.

Old 12-11-2011, 5:18 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I'll go ahead and let it stay at the default settings.