P25 Adjust level - Uniden BCD996XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Hey Guys & Ladies,

What is the best setting for the P25 ajjust level? I can pick up the local digital frequencies that are used around here in my area. Right now I am using the stock metal antenna that came with the Uniden BCD996XT scanner. I would like to hear more conversation on the digital frequencies like the local airport, local VA hospital and another local police deparment about 15 miles away from me. Anything else I need to adjust like for instance P25 Adjust mode or the P25 LP Filter <-- not sure what that does.

Local airport about 15 miles

VA hospital 12 miles away

2 Local police departments - 15 miles away
- Jamie

Last edited:

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
The best thing to do I suppose is to leave the P25 Adjust Mode & Level alone and turn on the LP filter...From what I have heard and read on different sites that the LP filter improves the digital signal and conversations.

W6KRU

The best thing to do I suppose is to leave the P25 Adjust Mode & Level alone and turn on the LP filter...From what I have heard and read on different sites that the LP filter improves the digital signal and conversations.

You can't accomplish anything with the Mode setting. Don't turn on the filter unless you need it. If you don't hear an annoying 4KHz tone on the audio, it is not needed and will supposedly increase CPU load which will degrade the P25 decode performance. It is bad enough, you don't want to make it worse.

Highpockets

There is a few threads on the P25 decode on the 396 model, you think (Uniden) Paul would get sick of reading them and encourage Uniden do some research and try to do something about it. I've been reading post about it for over a year +- now.

Status
Not open for further replies.