Uniden Home Patrol Ram Mount With Adhesive Disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
For those of you with the Uniden Home Patrol using a suction cup mount, do any of you use an adhesive disc like the type I have seen packed with Garmin GPS units?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Take care when considering that method. The HP-1 is significantly heavier than most GPS units.

JASII

Memory Capacity
Take care when considering that method. The HP-1 is significantly heavier than most GPS units.

Paul,

That is a point well taken. I see in the specifications the following:

-Garmin Nuvi 350 Weight: 5.1 ounces

-Uniden Home Patrol Weight 10.6 oz (300g) (Without batteries and antenna)
I will estimate that 4 AA batteries and the antenna add at least another 4 ounces, or more.

So that leaves a Home Patrol HP-1 with AA NiMH btteries and an antenna nearly THREE times the weight of the GPS. So, I think I will heed your advice and mount the Garmin Nuvi 350 on an adhesive disc and use the windshield for the Home Patrol.

Jim

Last edited:

bee

I am looking for a HP mount for my vehical, also. Cant decide on one yet.

Anyone, have anymore suggestions.
Thanks

JStemann

Premium Subscriber
I am looking for a HP mount for my vehical, also. Cant decide on one yet.

Anyone, have anymore suggestions.
Thanks

I just got my HP-1 yesterday, so I'm still working on it. You might check out the ram-mount site to get some ideas. Once you've mounted the ball to the hp-1 mount, there are a lot of options available.

I have also used plexiglass to create my own mount or mount adapter. I used the thicker plexiglass, on one mount I even glued 2 pieces together to make it a little thicker. Make all the cuts, holes you need then paint with some flat black paint looks like it belongs there. The flat or satin paint seems to match very close to a lot of radio mount brackets.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.