RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Thread Archives

Uniden Thread Archives A depository of archived threads from the original Uniden forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-22-2012, 11:06 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default custom fleet maps

How do I know if I need a custom fleet map? Do all re-banded systems need a custom fleet map? Do P25 phase 1 systems never need a custom fleet map? I looked at RI's RISCON system and there is no fleet map given.

Thanks
Sponsored links
Old 05-22-2012, 11:27 AM
Wiki Admin Emeritus
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

No fleet map of any kind is needed for RISCON, as it's a pure P25 system. The radio will get the necessary information from the control channel. See the system type? If it says 'Project 25 Phase I (FDMA)', you've got a P25 system...

Insofar as Motorola rebanding goes, for all those systems that aren't P25, you need to examine all the freqs listed. If there's a zero in the 4th decimal in any channel, you would need a custom table (not a fleet map) to receive it correctly.

Only type 1 or hybrid systems would actually need a fleet map - and they're fast either dying off or being migrated to type 2 systems due to their greater channel capacity.

EDACS systems are different; you just drop all the freqs by 15 mhz and continue to follow the logical channel number order

Mike

Last edited by ka3jjz; 05-22-2012 at 11:30 AM..