HomePatrol-1 v2.03.01 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
For HP-1E owners wishing to decode EDACS systems in Unitrunker - this is now possible. Turning the filter off at the raw data output screen passes true discriminator audio to the program.

Thanks Paul!

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Gonna stick this for a day or two to help the word
get out :)
Marshall KE4ZNR

rkorchensky

Premium Subscriber
Upgrade

I'm not sure who to thank for this latest upgrade but it works like a fine tuned Swiss watch. It's digging signals out of the mud and decoding them 98% to 99%

To whom it may concern........thank you!

Ralph, VE3EUK

QwKiE

So I ask when you are all done your sentinel stays at version 2.02 (revision 04) and your HomePatrol 1 is 2.03 ?

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Discriminator audio at the headphone jack?

For HP-1E owners wishing to decode EDACS systems in Unitrunker - this is now possible. Turning the filter off at the raw data output screen passes true discriminator audio to the program.

Thanks Paul!

Does this mean that I can send discriminator audio (like I would get by installing a discriminator tap) to the headphone jack? I've had issues with installing discriminator taps in the past, and it would be great if I can now get discriminator audio with just the press of a button or two.

Thanks!

kennyblues

Downloaded update A-OK, very easily done. Tried out the UniTrunker on a Motorola Type 2 system on a couple of different zones. Pretty cool. Took a bit of fooling around to get the HP serial drivers to work OK, but all is well after reading the directions.

busunlimited

Premium Subscriber
Dsd?

Does this mean I can use the Digital Speech Decoder (DSD) with the HP-1?

I am about to buy a digital scanner. I want to buy a Uniden (I spent time with Greg the inventor of the Uniden devices); however, one of my key agencies, Orange County (FL) Fire seem to be going to X2-TDMA. Since Polk County Fire will be my primary agency, I would almost certainly get the Uniden if I had some way of getting OCFD with the Uniden such as DSD. If DSD/HP-1 would take care of the every now and then need for OCFD (because the live feed is down etc.) I think the Uniden is the way to go for me. Can it be done.

PS: Uniden also has UPman, quite an asset.

215ax

Upgrade necessary

Is this upgrade necessary or beneficial if you don't have the "extreme" upgrade?
thanks

pratzert

Premium Subscriber
UPMan,

Is Uniden working on any "new" scanners or a fix of some sort to address the P25 simulcast/multipath distorion problem ?

At this point, I'd be willing to pay a premium price for a scanner that will work with thise systems.

My scanner listening has dropped to zero because of the poor reception in my area (Kingsville, MD.)

Baltimore City AND COunty are now both switched over to P25 Simulcast. It seems more and more cities are switching to this type of system as well.

Thanks for any info.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
UPMan,

Is Uniden working on any "new" scanners or a fix of some sort to address the P25 simulcast/multipath distorion problem ?

This has been posted many, many times but here it is again....

When is Uniden going to (fill in the blank)? Why hasn't Uniden made a scanner that (fill in the blank)? and so on

This is one of the most-asked questions that is almost never answered, so I'll answer it here. ...Release a new scanner
When we are ready to announce a new scanner, we'll announce it to everyone, and it won't be due to someone asking either in a forum or a private message. it will be because we are ready to announce a new scanner. We don't announce right now, right this minute for a few reasons:

1. We aren't ready to announce it, yet.
  2. We don't want to give our competition a heads-up that we have a new model with particular features coming out...the longer we wait, the longer we maintain our competitive advantage with new features.
  3. In the development process, as features are tested and refined, sometimes features are added, and sometimes features are dropped. Early announcements create a risk of "false claims" criticisms once the product is released.
  4. There are some legal restrictions on promoting products that do not yet have certain approvals. Waiting until those approvals have been granted (or are just a day or two away) reduces greatly the complexity involved in making any such announcement.
Hope this helps answer your question! :)

Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR

pratzert

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Marshall.

I know many must roll their eyes anytime a question like this is posed.

Maybe I should rephrase my Q to ask UPMan if "In his opinion" a resonably priced scanner can be produced for sale for the scanner hobbyist that could properly decode the P25 Simulcast/Multipath systems anytime in the near future.

I certainly don't expect UPMan to break any confidentiality or tip Unidenes hand on what they may or not be developing.

Yes.... it may be a speculative question, but perhaps UPMan would be kind enough to share his opinion so I know if I should hold out any hope for the near future.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Please understand that I was not trying to be a smartass...or anymore of one than I always am :D
Obviously this question gets asked enough that UPMan included it on his Uniden Profile site.
I would say that thankfully both Uniden and GRE have shown dedication to our hobby and it would make sense that both are always thinking of new and inventive products for us "Radio Geeks". Competition is always a good thing and that keeps both companies in the race to make awesome and better rigs.
Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR

Thanks Marshall.

I know many must roll their eyes anytime a question like this is posed.

Maybe I should rephrase my Q to ask UPMan if "In his opinion" a resonably priced scanner can be produced for sale for the scanner hobbyist that could properly decode the P25 Simulcast/Multipath systems anytime in the near future.

I certainly don't expect UPMan to break any confidentiality or tip Unidenes hand on what they may or not be developing.

Yes.... it may be a speculative question, but perhaps UPMan would be kind enough to share his opinion so I know if I should hold out any hope for the near future.

Last edited:

pratzert

Premium Subscriber
Marshall, I didn't take it as a jab at all.

I too, see the same blasted question over and over again and it does get tiresome.

Both the Uniden and GRE sites have been very quiet on rumors and speculation.

I held out hope that maybe SOMEONE has heard something about the status of work on new scanners or scanner improvements.

I don't really believe that there will be any updated firmware that will significantly improve the P25 reception in the current models.

But I DO think that the Mfg's are working on a new and improved model that will address the problem.

I'd be willing to pay a premium price for a scanner that will let me get back to my enjoyment of the hobby.

After more than 40 years at it, I'd hate to have to give it up.

I'm grasping at straws and hope that perhaps a rep for one of the Mfg's will hold out that straw.

se

Hello.

I would gladly pay another pre order of $50.00 for another EXTREME firmware and Sentinel software update and upgrade for the HP-1 because last years EXTREME upgrade was just the tip of the iceberg. Is it possible to put Shortwave radio features into the HP-1 via another EXTREME update/upgrade or would that require different hardware? Hey why couldnt Uniden develop and manufacture their own brand of an SDR very similar to the WiNRADiO Excalibur and Excelsior Shortwave receivers?

Sheldon.

Status
Not open for further replies.