Running BC-250d off of power supply indefinitely - Good idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N0ZJT

Database Admin
I have a Uniden BC-250d handheld scanner. I was thinking of using this to run my live audio feed but I'm unsure if it is a good idea to run it from a power supply. I would have to have it connected to the power supply all of the time so the feed doesn't go down.

Can anyone tell me if this is a good idea or not? I would assume I would remove the battery pack from the scanner when I have it connected to the power supply so I don't overcharge the pack and blow it up. I just don't know if the scanner will run off of the power supply indefinitely without doing internal damage.

spooney

That's the only way I use mine now for years and have had no problem. Don't use it mobile anymore and got tired of buying battery packs.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Run one of my feeds the exact same way (since 1/09) - BC245XLT with the batteries removed, on external power 24/7/365.

davidmc36

Premium Subscriber
I ran a 296 with a Pro-Scan feed for about six months with battery removed, no problems.

Sold it to a guy and he has ran it for three years like that, pretty much 24/7.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I had a 250D that ran for several years feeding a text-(POCSAG)-pager-to-email system 24/7 - the only casualty is that the display contrast is just about gone. Not sure if that's a software setting that got messed up, or if it actually "burned out".

Status
Not open for further replies.