BCT15 Audio Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

SentinelVT

I am currently running a BCT15 for one of the live feeds on this website and am experiencing a constant beeping noise in the background. This occurs when there are no transmissions and during transmissions. I have been trying to diagnose what is it over the past few days, however have had no luck. Hopefully someone here will have an idea of what is going on. You can listen to the feed in the live audio section, under Maine, Cumberland County. The feed is titled "Cape Elizabeth Fire and EMS Dispatch."

I have tried swapping power cables, audio cables, computer inputs, and many other things. At this point I am fairly certain that the issue is with the scanner itself. I upgraded the firmware last night to make sure that it had the latest and greatest. I also tried swapping the audio cable between the ext speaker port and the headphone jack with no relief. I have BCT15X running as well for another feed and I have had no problems with that at all. The audio is completely silent until something is said on the scanned frequencies.

If anyone has a possible solution, I am willing to try it.

Thanks!
Alex

Adenosine

Do you here it when you just listen to it when it is not plugged into the feed or all the cables? I know you swapped them out but just curious. Also is this the same scanner that was getting the static on the Portland freqs?

SentinelVT

Do you here it when you just listen to it when it is not plugged into the feed or all the cables? I know you swapped them out but just curious. Also is this the same scanner that was getting the static on the Portland freqs?

I only had this issue when the cables were plugged in. I checked to see if it was just the particular audio jack by utilizing the headphone jack in the front instead, but that did not fix it. For some reason, I was able to get the scanner work again, with no issues. The only thing that I changed was moving its physical location away from another scanner. It is very strange, but now that it is working properly it doesn't matter.

This is NOT the same scanner as the Portland and South Portland Fire feed that I have. This is a completely different device. The static issues I am having with the Portland/South Portland feed are reception related. I am planning on putting an antenna up on the house to fix that problem. I am working on researching the best option for the house as far as mounting and then I will go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.