RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Thread Archives

Uniden Thread Archives A depository of archived threads from the original Uniden forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-24-2012, 2:37 PM

Question Trunk Programming for 996 and 396

I am hoping there is someone out there with patience who can help with a quick question. I tried to search the board for this specific question...

I recently puchased the Uniden 996 and 396 models, and programmed with ARC XT software on windows 7. I live in the St. Louis, MO area, and both city police and fire are now on 800. My question is... how can I seperate out traffic so I will only pick up fire and not police or other city agencies? First I was told of all the frequencies, fire had only 4 command frequencies to program. I programmed those 4 and then the talk group for fire only. I still received alot of traffic for PD and EMS and other agencies on the system. Someone later told me that I need to program ALL frequencies (both North and South) for it to work properly. Now I get even more PD traffic with the same FD talkgroup info in there. The public frequency list of RR does not break out any frequencies by user- just by geographic area (North or South). The city FD mentioned that I would only need 4 frequenices (855.6375, 859.4375, 858.4375, and 857.4375).

How do I tell the scanner that I only want to hear fire (or one particular agency) only?
Thanks in advance-
Sponsored links
Old 09-24-2012, 3:32 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Under edit site ( I believe) change the setting from ID search to scan. Then it should only hit the talkgroups you programmed in.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:31 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

You are scanning in search mode and will receive all talk groups. While scanning the system press function then scan to switch to scan mode, which will only receive programmed talk groups.

Old 09-25-2012, 9:51 AM

Thanks all! A simple setting change which did the trick..