Trunk Programming for 996 and 396

Status
Not open for further replies.

jriegel

I am hoping there is someone out there with patience who can help with a quick question. I tried to search the board for this specific question...

I recently puchased the Uniden 996 and 396 models, and programmed with ARC XT software on windows 7. I live in the St. Louis, MO area, and both city police and fire are now on 800. My question is... how can I seperate out traffic so I will only pick up fire and not police or other city agencies? First I was told of all the frequencies, fire had only 4 command frequencies to program. I programmed those 4 and then the talk group for fire only. I still received alot of traffic for PD and EMS and other agencies on the system. Someone later told me that I need to program ALL frequencies (both North and South) for it to work properly. Now I get even more PD traffic with the same FD talkgroup info in there. The public frequency list of RR does not break out any frequencies by user- just by geographic area (North or South). The city FD mentioned that I would only need 4 frequenices (855.6375, 859.4375, 858.4375, and 857.4375).

How do I tell the scanner that I only want to hear fire (or one particular agency) only?
Thanks in advance-

tmundal

Under edit site ( I believe) change the setting from ID search to scan. Then it should only hit the talkgroups you programmed in.

Status
Not open for further replies.