RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Thread Archives

Uniden Thread Archives A depository of archived threads from the original Uniden forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-27-2012, 12:47 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Smile future firmware options

Dear UPMan,

In regards to the 396XT and the 996XT, would it be possible in future firmware upgrades to enable an alert (perhaps as simple as a beep) when the scanner is locked on a trunking site, then loses reception of that site (and the screen says "finding control channel")? It is obviously not safe to watch the scanner screen while driving, and every no and again when I check the scanner, I find that I have lost the signal already. An even better option might work like a smart zone radio, once the scanner loses the site it is on, it checks the previous site that worked, then it looks for a new one. in this case, The scanner could maintain the channel or talk group, revert to the previous site, then if no luck, beep as it says "finding control channel".

My other request would be to display MDC ids on the screen for conventional channels (analog and digital). In my area, police departments are dispatched by a county wide dispatch center. The only way to know what town the dispatch center is talking to is to read the 6 digit astro id, or to have them programmed into the scanner / radio (like uid's are). In this case, the first digit is the county, the second and third digits are the town, the forth digit is mobile or portable, and digits 5 and 6 are the unit.

Thank You Sir,

Jt
K9WFD
Sponsored links