Uniden BC125AT programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

mprailroader

I just bought my scanner. I want to program railroad frequencies. The owners manual isn't much help...
I know the numbers, but can't find answers to my questions. Is there an advanced manual, or Scanners for Dummies available?

hfxChris

Database Admin
The scanner should already have all of the railroad frequencies programmed, you have to use the 'service search' mode which you can access by pushing Func and then Srch.

SCPD

QRT
I will help you program this radio so email me back. Most railroad frequencies are 161.22/161.28 and in and around that area.
Hope this helps you as Metro North Police use 161.22 here in New York and the trains..Harlem/New Heaven/Hudson Line use above for PD and trains are omn 161.28. Guys..if anymore are around..please help this new person. This scanner does not have DNA Memory meaning you can program it without a computer and I will tell you how via telephone. It has channels in banks. Railroads don't usually use PL's so it is CSQ-open squelch.

73's.

gobunnygo

I just bought my scanner. I want to program railroad frequencies. The owners manual isn't much help...
I know the numbers, but can't find answers to my questions. Is there an advanced manual, or Scanners for Dummies available?

there are two ways

first way:
1. press HOLD
2. enter the channel number location(not to be confused with the frequency)
3. press E
4. scroll up to ENTER FREQUENCY and press E
5. type in your frequency and press E
6. press CLR. to back out or press SCAN to start scanning

second way:
1. press hold and turn the knob on top to get to the channel you want to store your frequency into
2. press FUNC and then E
3. scroll up to ENTER FREQUENCY and press E
4. type in your frequency and press E
5. press CLR. to back out or press SCAN to start scanning

mprailroader

Bob3655 I don't know your email address-- mine is vlyeagletx@yahoo.com
gobunnygo how do I find out the channel number location I know the railroad frequencies and I don't think they are preprogrammed into my scanner. I searched last night and it skipped from the 130s to the 220s... The frequencies that I want are 160s and 161s. Do other people have these problems?
Thanks for the help so far !

gobunnygo

you have 500 empty channels on this scanner. when i say enter the channel number location, i mean for you to choose any one of the 500 channels you have at your disposal on the scanner for you to program the frequency into.

say you want to store one of your railroad frequencies into channel location 1.

you would:
1. tap the HOLD key
2. tap the 1
3. press E
4. scroll up to ENTER FREQUENCY and press E
5. type in your frequency and press E
6. press CLR. to back out or press SCAN to start scanning

say you want to store another railroad frequency into channel location 2. you repeat the same process but press the number 2 on the keypad for step 2 in the instructions.

say you want to store another one into channel location 35. you repeat the same process but you type in 35 on the keypad for step 2 in the instructions.

hopefully that helps.

gonzalu

What are the rules here for posting scanner database backup files for exchange with other members? I am interested in sharing mine from BC125AT and BC296D in exchange for same for other areas or services... Mine will be mostly NYC NYPD, EMS, FDNY and Aviation...

Thank you...

Status
Not open for further replies.