RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Thread Archives

Uniden Thread Archives A depository of archived threads from the original Uniden forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 6:42 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default HP-1 Question

Iím having a problem getting my HP-1 working properly on one of the systems I monitor. When I have the system locked I can see the signal strength meter move but no sound. Iím thinking I might have changed a setting in Sentinel when I did my last DB update. When I check the site info there are 3 sites 2 that I listen to. The one I do not listen to is in red the other 2 are not. The site is the Ohio Marcs-IP site. Any ideas?
Sponsored links
Old 11-08-2012, 9:26 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

You will see the Signal strength meter bump up as it scans through the Talkgroups. This is when it hits control frequency. The scanner will automatically lock out the audio on that frequency. If you did hear it all you would hear is data garble.

Make sure you haven't accidentally locked out the talkgroups. I noticed on mine even if I lock them out it appears that it is scanning them, but doesn't unsquelch.

FT-8900 | VX-170 | Home Patrol 1