RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Thread Archives

Uniden Thread Archives A depository of archived threads from the original Uniden forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 7:26 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default Control Channel Prority

Maybe I've missed something, but I've looked and couldn't find an answer.

How does the BCD396XT decide which control channel to listen to? I have multiple towers (sites) control channel and alternate control channels programmed on a single system- i.e. mine and surrounding counties sites. Indiana State Police have a broader jurisdiction and may hit off different sites. Obviously the site nearest me will be the strongest signal, however there are more distant sites that may also be picking up radio traffic that I don't want to miss.

My question is this: If I have 20 or more control and alternate channels, is there a way to prioritize them so the scanner listens to the strongest to the weakest in that order.

BTW. I have the latest firmware and use the newest update for Freescan.

Thank you,
Frank
Sponsored links
Old 11-08-2012, 7:37 PM
Wiki Admin Emeritus
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Unfortunately there is no 'ROAM' feature as the GREs have. The Unidens will lock onto the first strong control channel it sees and disregard anything else for the duration. If you move out of range of that CC then it will try other CCs and sites, I think...Mike
Old 11-08-2012, 8:45 PM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

My suggestion would be this. Instead of programming all of the control channels into one site as it appears you have done, create a separate site for each control channel, or rather each CC and its' corresponding alternate, then assign all of the sites the same system quick key.
If you just program all CCs into one site, it will latch onto the first CC it can decode and won't go any further. If you program them into separate sites, then it will scan them all one after the other. Not quite what you wanted (only the strongest) but another option.