RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Thread Archives

Uniden Thread Archives A depository of archived threads from the original Uniden forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 4:41 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Specifying the site in 'Hold Mode'

I just got my BCD396XT today, loaded up my channels via the application/radioreference.

The system I'm listening to is a trunk system, so it added about 15 sites as well as the groups/channels. I can only can hear from one of the sites from my home, but when I'm traveling, it can change so I added all of them.

When I click on 'Scan', it scans all of the channels and sites which seems to work for the most part. However, let's say I only want to listen to a certain channel. The way I'm doing it is clicking 'Hold' and then using the volume to specify which channel I want.

That works, however it stays on the same site it was on when it was originally scanning so if I press 'Hold' during one of the sites that I can't hear, it sits that way.

So my question is, how do I specify the correct site when manually listening to a single station?

Thanks!
Sponsored links
Old 11-20-2012, 7:26 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Understanding Multi-Site Trunking

Some Motorola and EDACS systems covering a very large geographic area use multiple antenna sites that each operate on different frequencies and use the same Talk Group ID's for traffic. When programming such a system, you program each site's frequencies into their own site and other settings into the system, then program the channels into channel groups within that system. Each site can have its own quick key, so you can turn each individual site on or off while you scan. Since all sites share all the channels within the system, multi-site trunking is much more efficient than programming each site as a separate system.

Assign each site a quick key. You then just press the quick key to turn each individual site on or off while you scan.

To hold on a system/site/search press and hold Func to 'lock' Function mode. Press Func to 'unlock' Function mode to resume.

This scanner also has GPS capability which can turn the sites on and off as you drive, automatically.

From the Easier to Read BCD396XT Digital Scanner Manual

Last edited by W8RMH; 11-20-2012 at 8:10 PM..
Old 11-21-2012, 11:31 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Thanks, that helps a little bit.

I've set a quick key for the site I can reach. If I press '1', can I have it setup to only use that site. It seems right now that I can either turn on/off a site, but I would prefer all sites be off by default and manually turn them on by pressing the number.

Also, I set quick keys for the group. I see group 1 and group 2. Is there an easy way to be able to enable/disable those? The only way I can do it currently is by holding down function, selecting a site and then it will let me use the 1/2 numbers to toggle the groups, in every other case, it toggles the site numbers.
Old 11-21-2012, 6:22 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Assign a quick key number to each site. You can listen to #1 and none of the others or turn them on and off as you travel.

With regards to group quick keys that's the way it works.