RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Thread Archives

Uniden Thread Archives A depository of archived threads from the original Uniden forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 12:54 AM

Default BCD396xt Power on when plugged in

I'm going to install my BCD396xt in my car when I order a remote head for it. My question is, is there any way possible to have the scanner turn on when power is given to it? I want it to turn on when I start my car, unfortunately I can't power the scanner on with the remote head.

Last edited by void; 01-11-2013 at 12:56 AM..
Sponsored links

Old 01-11-2013, 1:53 AM
Database Administrator
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

If you have the power wired so that it is switched with your ignition you can do this. You need to take the batteries out of the scanner. The scanner will then turn off and on when it gains and loses power with your ignition. I currently have the one in my car doing this.
Old 01-11-2013, 8:30 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

That's cool. I never knew it would do that. If you have it turned on, and it loses power, when it regains power it turns back on again.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:11 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Be aware that the head and the scanner require different voltages. The head uses 12 volts and the scanner uses 6 volts. I use a 12 volt to 6 volt adapter. Both the adapter and the head are connected a a "switched" 12 volts. I also connect the audio from the earphone jack to an amplified speaker through a home made audio combiner/isolater network that allows the audio from my other radios to play through the amplified speaker. Works great!

BB