396XT Low Battery Beep Adjustment

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginky4

Is there anyway to adjust the low battery beep that the 396xt will do when the batteries are getting low? My low battery beep will last for about 2 hours before the scanner actually dies. I would like to make that low battery beep come on when the batteries have about 15 minutes of power left.

ginky4

Interesting, I don't really mind the beep if it would last for 15-30 minutes but listening to it for 2 hours gets a little irritating.

scanningisfun

You can completely turn off all beeps setting the key beep volume to zero. This will stop the low battery beep.

Jacob

kbehning

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, what Jacob said. The fact that you can disable the low bat beep (albeit along with all other beeps) is one of the gigantic improvements that these new scanners have over the old ones I started with.

Boatanchor

This is a battery issue not a scanner issue.

Maybe a combination of the two. The GRE scanners, to their credit, do give users a lot more control in their 'Global' configuration settings including battery low voltage alert set points and tone levels etc.
I must admit, the 'low battery' alert is damned annoying on the 396xt and you can usually get at least another hour or two of monitoring after the battery alert starts going off, if you can put up with the damned beeping every few minutes, that is.

ginky4

Quote [From my experience if you hear the low battery alarm for more than 15 minutes your batteries are bad or going bad. Try a new set of batteries and see if that changes,

My batteries last for about 10 hours so I don't believe the batteries are bad or are going bad. After 8 hours of use the beeping starts and lasts for about 2 more hours.

bear780ks

Well my thought even though it's annoying a hell sometimes is the peep is there for a reason). I let mine go on my 396 and in about 15 min the radio shut's off then i put my second set of batteries in

But what i was trying to figure out is When you tap the rotator it been showing me in the upper right corner a number like 3.65 that's in the pic i provided is this the battery level or something else that the scanner is showing and i'm a little clue less about :roll: :p Ra

Attachments

• 396 disp with 3.65.jpg
    396 disp with 3.65.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 756
Last edited:

bear780ks

W8RMH -- Yes that is the battery voltage.

Thank ya W8RMH :p i was thinking it was but it doesn't hurt to ask.. :D Ra

Last edited:

bear780ks

Hey W8RMH Good Audio feed sounds good i'm picking it up Via my Razr Maxx throwing into a Logitech mini Boom Box via bluetooth Listening to some Columbus traffic ye ha.. :p Ra

Status
Not open for further replies.