BC796d Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

garygreenfield

Premium Subscriber
I am trying program my 796d after rebanding and firmware update. The system is Montgomery County, MD. I am trying to put law enforcement into bank 1 and fire/ems into bank 2. Bank 1 works fine, however bank 2 gets no activity. I also have 396t which works fine and I receive activity on it but not on the 796d for bank 2. My understanding is that I can have 100 tgids in each bank, is this correct. Also, I am not sure if the simulcast channels should be in both banks. Any help would be appreciated. Thank, Gary

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I don't have a 796 but a dumb question - did you define your bank, put your frrequencies in, then put 2 groups of talkgroups - 1 for the police, one for fire? You shouldn't need to repeat the same system twice in different banks unless you're hitting the 100 tg limit.

Really it's very hard to diagnose this without seeing the programming. What software are you using, if any? Mike

Last edited:

garygreenfield

Premium Subscriber
I am hitting the 100 tg limit, that is why I am trying to program 2 banks for the same system. I am using Pro-Scan to program the scanner and downloading data from RR.
Thanks, Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.