BC796D's on fleabay

Status
Not open for further replies.

mule1075

Feed Provider
I have seen them and it does not suprise me at all.But some people like them and will pay that price for one. I have one and I like it but would for sure not pay that!! much too add another to the collection.

evolocomotive

I want one, but I'm not paying that much for it, heck, you can get a BCD996xt for 4 and some change. I made a offer on one on there for 175,and he repiled yea right. I didnt even respond to him.

mule1075

Feed Provider
I can't say I blame you keep and eye out they come up cheap from time to time.all though I have not come across any less than $200 in quite awhile.

davedaver1

Premium Subscriber
If you look at the completed listings, they are getting $300-ish for them. I think people are fooled with the "digital" - "apco" - "p25" in the listings. No way would I pay even that for one - even though I do a lot of non-trunking/digital monitoring. The 996 is SO much nicer to operate than bank and channel...

davidmc36

Premium Subscriber

cg

Premium Subscriber
Why are the sellers the idiots? EBAY costs almost nothing to list something so, as long as you aren't presenting it to be something it isn't, have fun. Besides, if someone can ask $2,684.95 for a 996XT, $475 for a 796 would be a bargin.
Real expensive scanner

chris

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
I call B.S.

I call B.S. on many of these auctions.

Fraudbay is so full of shills, fake auctions, and con artists, there is no way to verify that some fool actually PAID for this and actual money changed hands.

There is nothing to stop people from getting into collusion with one another, bid on each other's auctions, and have items close for sky high numbers- it's all on B.S. until proven otherwise.

I can easily see where a bunch of people who are sitting on dead stock of 12 year old radios would gladly go into a collusion to setup phoney baloney auctions and bid them way up to inflate the value of their worthless wares.

It happens every single day on ebay. It's why I call it FRAUDbay.

nick1427d

Premium Subscriber
Just my 2 cents but some simulcast systems come in better with the 796d, at least for me. My 796 outperforms my 396xt by far on my local simulcast.

Now would I pay more than $250 for one? umm no, like someone said it's old and and PITA to program with most systems having tons of TGs.

I have one but probably will not buy another. Unless it's a steal.

Is it me or has anyone else seen these delusional idiots on fleabay wanting 400 bucks for a 10yr old scanner??? People are truly unbelieveable...

ive bought most all my radios from the bay,never had a problem
..ever.(all but my work rig,'cause i needed particular function)
3000+ transactions and only have been cheated twice,,and paypal
paid me back and made it right.(once for a KW THF6A from florida and
a rear bumper guard for my truck from jersey- both took my $$
never shipped items)
(not saying anyone else is false,just my own experience)

Ill allmost Never blacklist a seller for a high price on any item..
Though i also get...i guess curious when i see things like that..
(recently saw a psr800 on the bay for like 900 USD..)
Buyer Beware,,Know the VALUE of the item your buying...
weather a UNIDEN,,Maseratti,,PorterHouse..or anything else..

if that seller makes 400 on a fully functioning radio than good for them..
and if the buyer is happy with the purchase than ditto...

on a side note,,ive always like that uniden model..been wanting to
snag one for years but have not found a price that has been good
in My Own opinion(175 or less seems fair to me,with p25 card)...

Last edited:

fredva

Feed Provider
Two 796D's were sold on eBay today, for $265 and $285.

When it comes to digital scanners, it appears to be a seller's market right now.

kbehning

Premium Subscriber
So many items on ebay are situated to capture the whimsical buyer. The buyer that has this great idea to look for item X, something they maybe used to have or that they heard was excellent at its function and especially hard to come by. They search ebay, find a listing and before they come to their senses, go ahead and buy the item before someone else gets their rare find. Only later to they do further research (as they wait for the item to arrive) and find that their special item is not as rare or valuable as they thought. I'd bet people buying fast like this is more common that we'd guess. One thing is for sure, I can guarantee your 796 scanner won't sell for $400 if it is NOT listed for sale somewhere on the critical path of whim.

Status
Not open for further replies.