RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Thread Archives

Uniden Thread Archives A depository of archived threads from the original Uniden forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-13-2013, 10:07 AM

Default BC 15X scanning speed?

So I took notice with the SAME amount of freqs in the scanner as my pro 94, the 94 scans the channels first and faster then the BCT 15x. Why is that? Is there a way to speed up scanning?
Sponsored links
Old 03-13-2013, 10:30 AM
Mentor
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by daneg View Post
So I took notice with the SAME amount of freqs in the scanner as my pro 94, the 94 scans the channels first and faster then the BCT 15x. Why is that? Is there a way to speed up scanning?
Sorting all the frequencies in each group for either ascending or descending order will cut the time in half with 500 channels...less with less. 15/996 Speed Up Trick: Myth Confirmed That would also help the Pro94. Also, setting hold time for each system to 0.

Last edited by captclint; 03-13-2013 at 10:32 AM..
Old 03-13-2013, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captclint View Post
Sorting all the frequencies in each group for either ascending or descending order will cut the time in half with 500 channels...less with less. 15/996 Speed Up Trick: Myth Confirmed That would also help the Pro94. Also, setting hold time for each system to 0.
I'll have to try that. Right now it's a conventional system, with three groups. I think total is less then 100 freqs.

I only have one system turned on as well.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:51 AM
Uniden Representative
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

More than likely you have a system hold time of 2 seconds (so it spends 2 seconds scanning and rescanning each channel in each system before moving on to the next system).

If you want to test how long it actually takes to scan the channels, put the local weather channel into the system. With it stopped on a weather broadcast, press SCAN and time how long it takes to return to the weather broadcast (assuming no other channel is active, this will do a single scan of all channels in that system, from which you could derive the scan speed).
Old 03-13-2013, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPMan View Post
More than likely you have a system hold time of 2 seconds (so it spends 2 seconds scanning and rescanning each channel in each system before moving on to the next system).

If you want to test how long it actually takes to scan the channels, put the local weather channel into the system. With it stopped on a weather broadcast, press SCAN and time how long it takes to return to the weather broadcast (assuming no other channel is active, this will do a single scan of all channels in that system, from which you could derive the scan speed).
Thanks I will do that!
Sponsored links
Old 03-13-2013, 12:51 PM

I got the gmrs search at 0, A bank with little activity, and the search store bank with alot of who is its? All set at 0 hold time and wx enterred. It took 2.75 seconds to go the -loop-... A little longer if 1 of those search channels has a taker - ( someone talks )..
Old 03-13-2013, 2:22 PM

Mine is a little slow also. Thanks for the trick