Home Patrol won't power on

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbear518

Premium Subscriber
I came home last night turned on my Home Patrol and was listening for about 2 hours. I turned it off, unplugged it and moved it from my desk to my night stand and pushed the power button and nothing. It didn't even give me the charge battery message when I plugged it in. Can anyone help?

C.J.
KD0TDF

chandler

How old is the HP? is it still under warranty? if it is than call Uniden and tell them what's wrong with it hope you will get it fixed :)

w0fg

So you were running it on the AC adapter and then tried to use it unplugged? Sounds like time to check the battery condition with a voltmeter.

MK

bigbear, I have experienced the same problem a couple of times with my HP-1's. The batteries were the cause of the trouble every time. Remove them for a few minutes, then reinsert them and power on the HP-1 with the AC adapter connected.

This happens to many users once in a while. It seems to be a design defficiency that revealed itself after the unit was in production. Uniden did well giving the HP-1 a long run time with the batteries and a way to charge them, but the scanner has this minor problem. If it keeps occurring, you can try using higher quality batteries and an external charger.

bigbear518

Premium Subscriber
Thanks guys I did get it up and running. I took the the vehicle adapter and plugged it in to my truck and it powered on just fine. I let the batteries charge for awhile and now it works ok with my home supply. Don't really know why it would work after I unplugged it and then plugged it back in right away. Unless like you said batteries. Who knows thanks again guys

C.J.

Status
Not open for further replies.