BCT15X Tap

Status
Not open for further replies.

awattam

I have just completed one for my BCT15x and it was surprisingly quick and easy. One question though, is it normal for the decoded transmissions to sound `echoey'?

robertpearsall

Premium Subscriber
Mine was also easy but unable to decode p25 works great on type II is there a trick I'm trying to decode the njpsic system

awattam

I have noticed mine decodes Motorola type 2 p25 pretty good albeit with that echo, but other systems round here come on as -p25 and dont translate too well. I understand it has to do with signal strength.

awattam

I just took a quick look for you at that system and it says some talk groups are P25 phase 2 which as yet hasnt been decoded by DSD.

Tweekerbob

I have full bars and two systems I try don't work

That seems strange. Unitrunker is obvioulsy not getting the signal, or it's been told not to process it. Double check the obvious:

Make sure the AF signal is getting to it. Check the Scope tab on the receiver you have set-up as Signal. Make sure there IS a signal.

In the Info tab of that same receiver, make sure the APCO 25 box has a big X in it.

Tweekerbob

I just took a quick look for you at that system and it says some talk groups are P25 phase 2 which as yet hasnt been decoded by DSD.

He is talking about decoding the Control Channel Data from a p25 system, not actually decoding the voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.