Uniden USB Driver For 396T Compatible With windows 8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know if the download USB Driver Uniden has in it's Support section of the website is compatible with Windows 8? I'd like to use it on a new laptop with Butel's software to change some fo the programming.

bryan_herbert

Premium Subscriber
The newer USB-1 cable works right out of the packaging, no need to download drivers. If you have an older cable like I do follow the directions I have layed out below to get your cable working on Windows 8. If you need the installer let me know and I can upload it to my server.

I'm using Prolific PL2303 Driver Installer v1.5.0

After you install go into your Windows Control Panel, open the device manager, plug the USB-1 cable in.

You should immediately see Prolific pop-up with a caution flag under 'Ports (COM & LPT)'

Right click on 'Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port'
Click 'Properties'
Update Driver
Browse my computer for driver software
Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
Select 3.4.25.218 [10/7/2011]

Last edited:

Clark

The newer USB-1 cable works right out of the packaging, no need to download drivers. If you have an older cable like I do follow the directions I have layed out below to get your cable working on Windows 8. If you need the installer let me know and I can upload it to my server.

I'm using Prolific PL2303 Driver Installer v1.5.0

After you install go into your Windows Control Panel, open the device manager, plug the USB-1 cable in.

You should immediately see Prolific pop-up with a caution flag under 'Ports (COM & LPT)'

Right click on 'Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port'
Click 'Properties'
Update Driver
Browse my computer for driver software
Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
Select 3.4.25.218 [10/7/2011]

Go here for info. USB-1 cable must have one of the newer Prolific 2303HXD chips.
Products

Clark

bryan_herbert

Premium Subscriber
Negative Clark, does NOT need a newer chip. I'm using an older cable with an older chip. If he follows my directions his cable will work fine like mine does.

Status
Not open for further replies.