396XT Rebanding Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a house along a busy road in Mercer County, Far
With all of the rebanding going on and getting quicker all of the time it is hard to stay caught up. Question is.... Do you think it is easier to just take out the older frequencies for each site that are not being used and just add the new frequencies or... just Edit the Band Plan to make the site work again? If I am at the house doing the editing to the scanner I will be using software but if I am out on the road and a change is needed I would just be doing the editing by fingering the buttons on the scanner while eyeballing my smartphone. Technology is just great isn't it? I am just trying to get a feel for what everybody else is doing in this situation. I drive to and from the Chicago Area back to the Youngstown, Ohio Area and a lot of changes are happening on a daily basis.

SCPD

QRT
On the Ohio MARCS system at least you have to put in the new CC frequencies AND edit the band plan. I would guess it's the same for other non-full P25 systems. P25 you just put in the new CCs.

In a house along a busy road in Mercer County, Far
I didn't realize I had to change the frequencies and Edit the Band Plan. Thanks for the heads up with the Ohio System. I imagine the Indiana system would work the same way.

What about just downloading the the new site information into the scanner? What I mean is delete the old site info and upload the new info for the site? Would I still have to add a Band Plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.