BCT15......UGHHHH

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenG1990

Just switched from my BCT8 to the BCT15... and I'm having a bit of a learning curve... I programed 2 systems. 1 system has 1 group of conventional frequencies, and the other system has 1 group of TalkGroups... Is there a way to monitor both systems at the same time, or at least a way to combine the 2 systems... I just want to listen to the frequencies and talk groups at the same time.... GRRR thank you for your help!
Ben

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
This is the most asked question with these scanners, the use of Quick Keys.

Assign each system a "System Quick Key" number, for example Conventional 1 and Trunked 2. Then while scanning you can press the appropriate number button to turn the systems on and off.

Put your talkgroups in to "groups", and assign those groups a "Group Quick Key" number, for example PD in 1, FD in 2, EMS in 3. Then while scanning the trunked system, press the function button then the appropriate Group Quick Key number button to turn each group on or off.

Think of it like the old "bank" system only you can assign the bank number to the channel instead of programming a channel to a bank.

You may want to read these pages (Click on the links below).

Dynamic Memory Architecture

Getting The Most From The New Uniden Scanners

Easier to Read BCT15 Manual

I have a BCT15 and a BCT15X in addition to a BCD396XT and they are the best scanners ever made, but you need to understand how DMA works. Ironically a friend had a BCT8 and I couldn't figure it out after using the DMA scanners.

Last edited:

BenG1990

The problem I'm having is when I hit the function key, That normally brings up all the different things you can scan. It's not bringing up any of my systems except for the conventional system. I have the QuicKeys enabled but it still won't bring up any of the other systems besides a conventional syste. When I go into set the MOT type 2 system it doesn't give me an option for a quick key for that system it will give me a quick key for the group not the system.... So frustrated

N8IAA

Just switched from my BCT8 to the BCT15... and I'm having a bit of a learning curve... I programed 2 systems. 1 system has 1 group of conventional frequencies, and the other system has 1 group of TalkGroups... Is there a way to monitor both systems at the same time, or at least a way to combine the 2 systems... I just want to listen to the frequencies and talk groups at the same time.... GRRR thank you for your help!
Ben

Trying to listen to WISCOM? Won't work in the 15X. WISCOM is a digital P-25 system. The 15X is an analog trunktracking scanner. The only way to listen to both is to activate both on the scanner. Can't do both simultaneous however.
Larry

DJ88

The WISCOM system is a P25 Phase 1 Digital system and the BCT15 does not have capablities for this type of system. There's no option in the menu for it, or in any software. You say you programmed it, and I have no idea what option you used, but it's wrong.

"But shouldn't the system show up in we. You hit the function button?"

No. In order for a unit to be able to receive any trunk system, the system has to be properly programmed in order to be able to receive the control channel. If it's not receiving not receiving the control channel it won't receive the system and won't show up on the display.

Last edited:

BenG1990

Ok, I got it to work.... I am new to trunking, and didn't realize exactly how it works. Now I have another issue... I have the scanner scanning the ID's, and I'll shut the scanner off for the night, when I get up in the morning, and turn the scanner back on, it looks like its scanning the ID's, but wont hit on any of them. If I hold on one of the frequencies in the system for the ID's, it will pick up on those, but will not hit the ID. if I shut it off for a day or so, and turn it back on, it will pick up the ID's.... I have the quick keys, and start up keys on.... and its in search mode. OH, one more thing! When it wont pick up ID's, but is searching for them, it only shows one frequency...and its one that I never programed, and is not in the system its scanning....

Status
Not open for further replies.