RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Thread Archives

Uniden Thread Archives A depository of archived threads from the original Uniden forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-16-2013, 4:46 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default AUDIO ON 396XT

Audio keeps cutting out after 5 or 6 seconds, like radio is sampling a priorty channel then going back. Audio is pretty clear, p25 works somewhat, though not as good as my 296 scanner but i can live with it. Reading, i have read nothing about setting the audio.
Sponsored links
Old 09-16-2013, 5:02 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Sounds like negative delay is set. This will cause scanning to resume after a set time. Make sure the channel's delay setting has a + not a - .

Last edited by W8RMH; 09-16-2013 at 5:04 PM..
Old 09-16-2013, 5:17 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by teufler View Post
Audio keeps cutting out after 5 or 6 seconds, like radio is sampling a priorty channel then going back. Audio is pretty clear, p25 works somewhat, though not as good as my 296 scanner but i can live with it. Reading, i have read nothing about setting the audio.

Check the second paragraph here:

DMA P25 Decoding and Audio Issues - The RadioReference Wiki

Old 09-16-2013, 5:56 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by teufler View Post
Audio keeps cutting out after 5 or 6 seconds, like radio is sampling a priorty channel then going back.
I assume priority is off. Most likely weather alert priority, but could be close call.

Weather Alert Priority Turning the weather alert priority feature on allows the scanner to check the weather channels every 5 seconds for a 1050 Hz weather alert signal and still scan or search. If you should receive an alert, you will hear a loud warbling then the weather channel audio. You will see WX in the display when Weather Alert Priority is on. Warning! If you receive an alert it will be at FULL volume.
Note:
You can also toggle weather alert priority in scan or search modes by holding on any channel and pressing Func then 0(wx).
Scroll to 'WX Alt Priority' and press E/yes.
Scroll to On or Off and press E/yes to save and exit.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:47 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Smile THANKS

It was wx alert. For a scanner that has been on the streets since 2009, you would think a manual would be published containg the most common errors. 925 audi and regular audio is much better now. This cutting in and out has bugged me for a month .
Sponsored links