arc patrol and Nascar

Status
Not open for further replies.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Yes - but no real need to purchase Arc (as far as I know). You could create a favorite with Sentinel.

lep

ARC Patrol is, as far as I know, the only software which permits the Virtual Scanner feature to be activated where an image of the HP-1 appears on your PC screen and logging takes place. A useful feature for some of us. Sentinel has NO such built-in feature. In other words ARC Patrol is not just for creating Favorite lists it is much more powerful than Sentinel.

lep

Did you do a wiki search on rr.com for Nascar? Just copy the frequencies into a list you create in the Uniden supplied free program. IMHOP it is more awkward than using ARC Patrol, that is why I use the inexpensive Butel software. Yes, you have to pay Butel but compared to the cost of the HP scanner the program cost is trivial. [I also value my time as I am a professional, goo luck].

scruggsy

Premium Subscriber
Did you do a wiki search on rr.com for Nascar? Just copy the frequencies into a list you create in the Uniden supplied free program. IMHOP it is more awkward than using ARC Patrol, that is why I use the inexpensive Butel software. Yes, you have to pay Butel but compared to the cost of the HP scanner the program cost is trivial. [I also value my time as I am a professional, goo luck].

thanks I'll check it out.

phask

Premium Subscriber

And IMHO - just the opposite :) I use Sentinel to create, Arc to log.

I used to use ARC for some of my other scanners. Both seem to have some awkwardness and learing curves.

If you use Sentinel just create a new favorite and enter all them into it. If you have it as a text doc. WP or even spreadsheet it's ez to cut and paste.

Are you using one of the purchased lists or one from some one on a forumn?

Many of the tracks are already in Sentinel under their location and under Business.

Status
Not open for further replies.