RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners, Receivers and Related Equipment Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Thread Archives

Uniden Thread Archives - A depository of archived threads from the original Uniden forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-22-2013, 2:09 AM

Default arc patrol and Nascar

if I purchase ARC patrol for my HP1, do I still have to purchase the Nascar frequencies to put into my scanner?
Old 09-22-2013, 4:50 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Yes - but no real need to purchase Arc (as far as I know). You could create a favorite with Sentinel.

Old 09-22-2013, 8:56 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

ARC Patrol is, as far as I know, the only software which permits the Virtual Scanner feature to be activated where an image of the HP-1 appears on your PC screen and logging takes place. A useful feature for some of us. Sentinel has NO such built-in feature. In other words ARC Patrol is not just for creating Favorite lists it is much more powerful than Sentinel.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:31 PM

so if i didnt have arc patrol, how do i get the nascar frequencies in to my HP1 through sentinel?
Old 09-22-2013, 8:11 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Did you do a wiki search on rr.com for Nascar? Just copy the frequencies into a list you create in the Uniden supplied free program. IMHOP it is more awkward than using ARC Patrol, that is why I use the inexpensive Butel software. Yes, you have to pay Butel but compared to the cost of the HP scanner the program cost is trivial. [I also value my time as I am a professional, goo luck].
Sponsored links
Old 09-23-2013, 1:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lep View Post
Did you do a wiki search on rr.com for Nascar? Just copy the frequencies into a list you create in the Uniden supplied free program. IMHOP it is more awkward than using ARC Patrol, that is why I use the inexpensive Butel software. Yes, you have to pay Butel but compared to the cost of the HP scanner the program cost is trivial. [I also value my time as I am a professional, goo luck].
thanks I'll check it out.
Old 09-23-2013, 6:49 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by lep View Post
And IMHO - just the opposite I use Sentinel to create, Arc to log.

I used to use ARC for some of my other scanners. Both seem to have some awkwardness and learing curves.

If you use Sentinel just create a new favorite and enter all them into it. If you have it as a text doc. WP or even spreadsheet it's ez to cut and paste.

Are you using one of the purchased lists or one from some one on a forumn?

Many of the tracks are already in Sentinel under their location and under Business.