New Uniden BCD536HP AMWUB375

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodpecker

Looks like its on its way, passed FCC, manual temporary confidential until 11/16 though (why?), about the only thing of interest available is a back panel drawing, it has USB and GPS/Remote sockets amongst the usual.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I spot of panic on Friday when I was advised that all the information was on the FCC (proudly announced by our regulatory guy). We are not planning on announcing features, capabilities, etc, until later in the year, so the publishing of the O/M as well as other photographs normally on the site were months premature to our announcement. Fortunately, it looks like we beat the FCC site surfers by a couple of days in getting the info taken down. :)

Let the speculation continue. We are getting some exciting stuff ready for a nationwide announcement.

woodpecker

I spot of panic on Friday when I was advised that all the information was on the FCC (proudly announced by our regulatory guy). We are not planning on announcing features, capabilities, etc, until later in the year, so the publishing of the O/M as well as other photographs normally on the site were months premature to our announcement. Fortunately, it looks like we beat the FCC site surfers by a couple of days in getting the info taken down. :)

Let the speculation continue. We are getting some exciting stuff ready for a nationwide announcement.

I'm only interested in whether it decodes DMR, P25 is pretty much non existent here over the pond.

Becoming more like Apple with each release, maybe we'll have to make appointments to buy one or queue for a week ;-)

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Actually, HomePatrol-1 was similarly hidden until launch. I much prefer to make my own product announcements rather than relying on the incomplete/preliminary information that appears on the FCC's web site.

woodpecker

Actually, HomePatrol-1 was similarly hidden until launch. I much prefer to make my own product announcements rather than relying on the incomplete/preliminary information that appears on the FCC's web site.

I guess you'll be launching on or before 16/11 then as that is when the docs are released?

lep

My recollection is the HP-1 was shown to dealers and software writers [the Trade] in Dallas in July 2010 and began appearing at dealers in September 2010. I received my own in October 2010, just about exactly 3 years ago. A 3 year product life cycle ain't bad in this business.

troymail

Silent Key
Looks like its on its way, passed FCC, manual temporary confidential until 11/16 though (why?), about the only thing of interest available is a back panel drawing, it has USB and GPS/Remote sockets amongst the usual.

Hmmmmm..... unless there is more than this one submission, doesn't appear to be a handheld.... Strike one.

scanningisfun

Hmmmmm..... unless there is more than this one submission, doesn't appear to be a handheld.... Strike one.

You can't say that this is the only model planned. I was going through the FCC website last weekend looking for it! One weekend too early.

Jacob

petrol88

That looks like a "A" USB jack (like the scanner is a PC). ??? Now we'll be able to use a mouse on our scanner?

lep

One item of interest on the Label is the country of manufacture: Vietnam.

n3617400

Now a firmware update will be installed through flash memory.
it is a pity that there is no USB connector type "B" for connect to PC.
Again, the ancient COM port.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Let them have an A connecter as I can go to ANY electronics/computer shop and get an adapter... DUH! Fryes, Tiger.... the list of places you can get adapters for ANY computer USB/Firewire etc device is endless!:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.