RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Thread Archives

Uniden Thread Archives A depository of archived threads from the original Uniden forum.

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-08-2013, 12:32 AM
ANAVAGH's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: ca
Posts: 322
Exclamation Uniden Homepatrol recurring problem

okay, I had made a thread yesterday about this issue and i thought it was solved until tonight when i went to scan my federal favs list only to get the nag screen saying items are avoided. Nothing has changed since i thought i unchecked all the avoids via HP1 software by Uniden.

Here's the video I really hope someone can help me out here? Because i don't think i am doing anything wrong here with the scanner or the software.

Video: HP-1 Problem avoids - YouTube
Sponsored links
        
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-08-2013, 7:27 AM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: ZZV - Ohio
Posts: 731
Default

Could be a number of things - I could not watch the video that long, it was actually giving me vertigo - use a tripod, or prop it on a book or something.

How are you creating the favorite? Make sure what the service types are in the favorite.

Are you writing to the HP before you see this? It might be your default service types in the profile. If you have it working again, try writing FROM the HP to Sentinel to get the profile that is in the HP onto the PC.

If this fails - maybe you can send that favorite as a HPE and myself or someone can look at it.
__________________
HP-1 x2 , BC780, BCD996, Pro 2005, 2006, AT803,R5000
and other RF capture devices
-Remember Bill Cheek -
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10-08-2013, 8:22 AM
Jay911's Avatar
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bragg Creek, Alberta
Posts: 6,720
Default

"Use Location Control" is set to "No", so changing the range settings will have no effect. You've already demonstrated that nothing has been avoided, so you've eliminated everything but the actual service tag settings themselves.

From that screen, tap Menu, then Select Service Types. In the resulting series of pages, buttons will have three states. Ones that have grey text on black background are service types that you don't have in that favorites list. Ones that have white text on black background are service types that you do have in that favorites list, but aren't enabled. Ones with white text on an orange background are service types that are in the favorites list and ARE enabled.

If you still have issues after checking that, go into Sentinel, choose File>Export to hpe file, choose the Federal favorites list, and save it on your PC somewhere. Then zip that file up and post it as an attachment in this thread so we can check it out.
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10-08-2013, 12:59 PM
ANAVAGH's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: ca
Posts: 322
Default Re: Uniden Homepatrol recurring problem

Where are the files on the PC to attach to this thread? I have been reading from the unit first then making my changes on the software and writing back. I made sure download and monitor is set to ON.
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 10-08-2013, 1:13 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANAVAGH View Post
Where are the files on the PC to attach to this thread? I have been reading from the unit first then making my changes on the software and writing back. I made sure download and monitor is set to ON.

When you choose File --> Export to hpe file, it asks you where, on your computer, you want to put the hpe file.

Just zip that file (where ever you put it) and attach it to your post.

.

Last edited by fxdscon; 10-08-2013 at 1:19 PM..
Sponsored links
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 10-08-2013, 1:33 PM
ANAVAGH's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: ca
Posts: 322
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxdscon View Post
When you choose File --> Export to hpe file, it asks you where, on your computer, you want to put the hpe file.

Just zip that file (where ever you put it) and attach it to your post.

.
lets see if this works.
There should be three files in there.
I will also add when reading HP I have to re-enable monitor every time on each favorites.
Attached Files
File Type: zip HP1 files.zip (13.2 KB, 37 views)

Last edited by ANAVAGH; 10-08-2013 at 1:43 PM..
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 10-08-2013, 1:58 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANAVAGH View Post
lets see if this works.
There should be three files in there.
I will also add when reading HP I have to re-enable monitor every time on each favorites.

Go back into "Select Service Types", select everything available (with white text) so that the background is orange.

(1) Be sure to scroll down through all screens to see all of the service types.

(2) After you have selected all service types, MAKE SURE you hit "Accept" at the bottom of the screen before proceeding. Do not hit "Back" or "Listen".

.
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 10-08-2013, 2:18 PM
Jay911's Avatar
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bragg Creek, Alberta
Posts: 6,720
Default

Like fxd says, everything appears to be in order, at least on the Federal favorites file.

There's nothing that will cause the scanner to "forget" what the selected service tags are, and revert to a previous state. If you're having to re-enable "monitor", it's because it is disabled at some point. Once you go in and edit the profile in Sentinel and set "monitor" to on, exit out of the profile editor, and on the main Sentinel screen, choose File>Save. That should save the monitor state as on. Don't forget to write that state to the HomePatrol as well.
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 10-08-2013, 2:53 PM
ANAVAGH's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: ca
Posts: 322
Default Re: Uniden Homepatrol recurring problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay911 View Post
Like fxd says, everything appears to be in order, at least on the Federal favorites file.

There's nothing that will cause the scanner to "forget" what the selected service tags are, and revert to a previous state. If you're having to re-enable "monitor", it's because it is disabled at some point. Once you go in and edit the profile in Sentinel and set "monitor" to on, exit out of the profile editor, and on the main Sentinel screen, choose File>Save. That should save the monitor state as on. Don't forget to write that state to the HomePatrol as well.
Okay what a learning curve eh ? How are the other two files ? BTW I appreciate your guys help so much :thumbup:
Sponsored links
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 10-08-2013, 3:08 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANAVAGH View Post
Okay what a learning curve eh ? How are the other two files ? BTW I appreciate your guys help so much :thumbup:

Did hitting the "accept" button after selecting the service types solve your dilemma?

other files look OK..
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 10-08-2013, 3:30 PM
ANAVAGH's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: ca
Posts: 322
Default Re: Uniden Homepatrol recurring problem

null

Last edited by ANAVAGH; 10-08-2013 at 3:40 PM..
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 10-08-2013, 3:39 PM
ANAVAGH's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: ca
Posts: 322
Default

.
I am going to enable the YouTube anti shake setting so now one gets air sick lol
it takes a while for YouTube to setup the anti shake so if you can wait a few minutes for it to process it should be set to view.

I think it's fixed now. - YouTube
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 10-08-2013, 3:44 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANAVAGH View Post
Yes it did. Lets see if I have this right.
If I select all service.types its going to load what's within my zip. With the favorites files under service select lets use AIR as an example, whatever is in there is what will be enabled under service types for that list ?

What ever service types are in the current lists being scanned, (whether it's the database, favorites lists, or any combination of those) will be available for selection (white text) in the "select service types" menu.

What ever service types are not available in that menu (gray text), are not contained in the current items being scanned.
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 10-08-2013, 4:07 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,942
Default

Also, if you are currently listening to just one favorites list - in your case let's say federal.....

At that point, when you read from the Home Patrol to your computer, Sentinel will show the "monitor" selection as "on" for federal, and "off" for all the other favorites lists - regardless of how you had them set when you did the last "write" to the Home Patrol.

It's supposed to show that..... That's the state you had them in when you read from the scanner.

If you had all of your favorites lists selected for scanning at the same time, and then read to Sentinel... the "monitor" selection would be "on" for all of them because that's the state they were in when you did the "read".

.
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 10-08-2013, 7:08 PM
ANAVAGH's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: ca
Posts: 322
Default Re: Uniden Homepatrol recurring problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxdscon View Post
Also, if you are currently listening to just one favorites list - in your case let's say federal.....

At that point, when you read from the Home Patrol to your computer, Sentinel will show the "monitor" selection as "on" for federal, and "off" for all the other favorites lists - regardless of how you had them set when you did the last "write" to the Home Patrol.

It's supposed to show that..... That's the state you had them in when you read from the scanner.

If you had all of your favorites lists selected for scanning at the same time, and then read to Sentinel... the "monitor" selection would be "on" for all of them because that's the state they were in when you did the "read".

.
How do I go about just scanning a specific list from the database...? For example I want to scan just GMRS stuff or just CHP ?
Sponsored links
        
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 10-12-2013, 5:19 PM
ANAVAGH's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: ca
Posts: 322
Default Re: Uniden Homepatrol recurring problem

It's doing it again. This time it deleted Los Angeles favs list , federal favs list and air favs list. I didn't do a thing but switch from one list to the other and it said all was avoided only way to fix this is everytime rewriting the codeplug to the scanner. What a real PITA
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 10-12-2013, 5:36 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANAVAGH View Post
It's doing it again. This time it deleted Los Angeles favs list , federal favs list and air favs list. I didn't do a thing but switch from one list to the other and it said all was avoided only way to fix this is everytime rewriting the codeplug to the scanner. What a real PITA

You're saying two different things here.... deleted and avoided.

Are the favorites lists completely deleted from the Home Patrol such that they don't appear at all in the "manage favorites lists" section, or are they still there and just the contents are avoided (or service types de-selected)?

Which is it?

In either case, that's not the way the Home Patrol normally functions.

As noted in another reply above, the Home Patrol can't revert to another state by itself.

.
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 10-12-2013, 6:42 PM
ANAVAGH's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: ca
Posts: 322
Default Re: Uniden Homepatrol recurring problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxdscon View Post
You're saying two different things here.... deleted and avoided.

Are the favorites lists completely deleted from the Home Patrol such that they don't appear at all in the "manage favorites lists" section, or are they still there and just the contents are avoided (or service types de-selected)?

Which is it?

In either case, that's not the way the Home Patrol normally functions.

As noted in another reply above, the Home Patrol can't revert to another state by itself.

.
When I switched over to another fav list it loaded and said check avoid, range etc. When I go to view that fav list it's empty....
So when checking service types there all unselectable /greyed out.

Last edited by ANAVAGH; 10-12-2013 at 6:56 PM..
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 10-13-2013, 9:30 AM
UPMan's Avatar
Uniden Representative
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 8,703
Default

So, I'd suspect that all the systems/departments in the favorites list you switched over to are out of range based on your current location settings. Try turning off location control for that FL.
__________________
Uniden Product Ninja
Who is UpMan and why doesn't he answer my email/phone call?
Professional Scanner Developer
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 10-13-2013, 1:48 PM
ANAVAGH's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: ca
Posts: 322
Default Re: Uniden Homepatrol recurring problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPMan View Post
So, I'd suspect that all the systems/departments in the favorites list you switched over to are out of range based on your current location settings. Try turning off location control for that FL.
I don't use location control. Never even tried that option. Next time it does this I'll take photos and or video
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 9:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2011 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions